Help! I'm getting errors when trying to uninstall IOS249.WAD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by geoffparker88, Jul 16, 2010.

1. geoffparker88
    OP

Newcomer geoffparker88 Member

United States
    Hey everyone, I have a problem. I’m trying to follow a certain tutorial, and it’s geared towards people who have their Wii’s version at 4.2.

That’s the first problem. My Wii version is 4.0u. I’m not sure how to update to version 4.2. If I just updated the traditional way (Nintendo’s way), wouldn’t I be updated to 4.3 or beyond? I don’t want that… this tutorial I’m following isn’t designed for 4.3 I don’t think, and besides, I’ve heard some bad things about 4.3.

So, that’s the first problem. I’m not sure if everything that follows is a result of the above problem or not.

Next, since I’m sticking with 4.0u until I find out a way to update to 4.2, I’m trying to adapt the instructions in the tutorial to my 4.0u. The tutorial says to download and install Homebrew Channel 4.2, so adapting that to my circumstances, I downloaded and installed Homebrew Channel 4.0.

Next, with the WAD Manager v1.4, I’m supposed to uninstall IOS249. I did get the WAD Manager v1.4 up and running through BootMii. Following the instructions of the tutorial, I pressed A at the disclaimer, selected the Wii SD Slot as the source device, pressed A at the option to uninstall IOS249.WAD, and pressed left on the D-pad to set the action to uninstall the WAD. I then pressed A to continue.

This is what I got:

[+] Opening “IOS249.WAD”, please wait… OK!

[+] Uninstalling WAD, please wait…
    >> Deleting tickets… ERROR! (ret - -4100)
    >> Deleting title contents… ERROR! (ret - -106)
    >> Deleting title… ERROR! (ret - -106)

Press any button to continue…

I’m at a loss… I have no clue what this mumbo-jumbo means. I’m not a hacker who understands any of this stuff… I’m just following tutorials.

If it’s any help, again, my Wii version is 4.0u. And on the homebrew channel, up in the upper right corner, it says this:

IOS61 v19.26

Oh, and I got my Wii the day it was launched way back in 2006.

2. chinmi

Newcomer chinmi Member

Indonesia
  3. muck chucker

Member muck chucker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I assume your been told to remove 249 cos 4.2 has a stub ios 4.0 didn't so you can skip that part it won't uninstall cos theres nothing to uninstall.

4. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ditto this, just use one of the stickied guides here, that will give your highest success chance. xflak and xzero both know what they're talking about.

5. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This. But the tutorial you're using seems strange/outdated to me... isn't the normal method of removing stubs to use the automatic tool in MMM?

6. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You wont have IOS249 as a stub, as your not on 4.2 yet.

Upgrade via the links posted above, they will take you through the whole upgrade and mod process.

7. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    1. Which rev (17+) are you installing
    2. What IOS are you selecting during install
    3. Use MMM (Multi MOD Manager) Enter 'Manage System Menu' then press the Left/Right button(s) 2 select 4.2!! lol

8. geoffparker88
    OP

Newcomer geoffparker88 Member

United States
    Hey, never mind everyone, it's cool. I used the NUS Auto Downloader, got my Wii up to version 4.2, and continued on with the tutorial, uninstalling IOS249.WAD in the process.

Thank you so much everyone for the fast help! You guys are awesome!

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    glad I could help! lol

its awesome, i can still help people while i'm not even involved in a thread [​IMG]

but no worries, I'm not totally doing nothing, I'm still keeping busy with NUSAD v4.1.6 beta [​IMG]

10. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    wait why are you uninstalling 249? if you followed a NUS auto guide it should have the correct one installed, not a stub. you shouldn't need the other guide anymore, you're hacked. just download whatever homebrew apps you wanna use and have at it.