Hacking Help identify this cart

smithy1abc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stab244 said:
Now if the cart was completely unflashed then it wouldn't even be detected by the DS.

Now that's what I was wondering. Just not sure how I would flash the cart in the first place. The normal way i know is to load the update file on the sd card and it updates that way, but for the first flash i'm not sure.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the DS isn't recognising it, there really isn't anything you can do.

If it is a Cyclo, and if you can get the DS to recognise it, you can force it to update the firmware by putting the update on the microsd and holding start as it loads.

If it's an Edge, I'm not sure what you'd do.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
smithy1abc said:
Can I just clarify, regardless of which card it is should it still show up when inserted into a dslite? Or does it need to have the relevant os software on the memory card to show up?
It's most likely dead, if it doesn't show in the menu at all. It's probably had the bootloader corrupted or wiped out for some reason. I don't think this is a contact issue, because EDGE and Cyclo both have well built carts with full teeth.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Could it posssibly be a blank flash cart like it doesn't have any thing on it at all and it's just like when the acekard company or whoever buys it before putting kernal stuff on it????

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coreyfrog7 said:
Could it posssibly be a blank flash cart like it doesn't have any thing on it at all and it's just like when the acekard company or whoever buys it before putting kernal stuff on it????
Now that would be an interesting find...

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
i don't think so, most flashcard are sold by supplier without label sticker on it, only the final vendor will put it when selling it, i think it's probably a defective flashcard that don't have the label on it because it was a dead flashcard so don't need to put the sticker neither .

smithy1abc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/qRuNxHqwazs?si=0AhJg_9A8kf-V0iF