HELP!!! I need BIG help installing CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Wizardkoer, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Okay so I have a 3DS and I am willing to downgrade to 4.5 if needed. So, I want to install Rxtools or any CFW that supports unsigned cia so I can run backed up games that I already own. Now, when I go to the turorial for installing rxtools, you need cubic ninja... Is there anyway of installing cfw WITHOUT cubic ninja? And also can someone give me or give me a link with clear steps as to how to install a cfw emunand. Thanks!

I have an old 3ds aqua blue!

Last edited by Wizardkoer, Sep 10, 2015
  2. BMO

BMO GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    what kind of 3ds is it?

3. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    old 3ds aqua blue

4. NegaBBB

NegaBBB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2015
    Slovenia
    What firmware do you have? And I'm pretty sure that you can't use the word piracy here so try and change that and type: "for backing up my original games" :D

5. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Edited my post :P . Anyways, I will do this actually for a friend and he hasn't touched his 3DS for more than a year so he definitely has less than 9.2 or 9.2.

But how would you do it WITHOUT cubic ninja AND WITHOUT gateway? :D

6. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    You just need the browser, if you really have firmware under 9.2 and the old 3ds.

7. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Instructions to installing rxtools cfw? Because the tutorial for it says I need cubic ninja to install fbi thingy to install cias

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

8. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I didnt know that you need cubic njnja to install fbi, I had already palantine devmenu with games installed and just moved to rxtools yesterday.
    I just saw this topic https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ on step 4a it says without cubic and gateway, im not sure if it works, never tried.

9. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    That's the best way to do it. Having FBI on Health & Safety rules.