[HELP] Hex Editing Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Pikm, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Pikm
    OP

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    I'm trying to edit my gold in this game, because there's literally almost no way to get it normally, but everytime I hex edit my gold value, in the decompressed chapter0 file (325 In Game==> 54 10 hex value), the save is corrupted when I load it back, and It makes me restart the system. Is there any way to fix this? I don't have CFW access, and I can't downgrade. All I have is the HBL

2. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Did you remember to reverse the value the gold? 54 10 may be 325 but in the game it's stored as 10 54. Replace that with FF FF to get maximum gold.

3. Pikm
    OP

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    I already know that. The hexidecimal value for 325 is 145. So backwards, that's 54 10, in hex format.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But actually nvmd, because I just found out that I'm a dumbass, and my gold is actually 320, not 325. So that would be 04 10. I'm stupid.

Hold on, what's FF FF? Or is that just a variable?

4. Shinitai

Shinitai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2013
    Uruguay
    If the reason you're getting the corrupted error is not because you're editing the wrong thing, it probably is because the save must have some sort of checksum verification.

FF FF is just the maximum hex value of two bytes.

5. Pikm
    OP

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    Ok

ok, so now I got the save to load back, but the money didn't change at all.