Hacking Help get DStwo working with XL

Baneling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all.

I recently bought myself an 3DSXL as a graduation present and wanted an R4 card to go with it. I had a ds lite back in the day but gave it to my sister so want to revisit all those old games.

Anyways I was aware of the cat and mouse game of releasing new cards with each fw update (thanks to lurking on this forum) and decided that investing in a DSTwo would be the best option.

I bought it from 'TheGamerDepot' and it arrived about 7 days later. and once I followed the instructions I got the 'error please power off' message, so I tried to redo the installation process. I did the same thing and this time it worked and I got into the DStwo OS and even played a game.

However the next time I got the error message so began to think I needed to update the firmware. I followed both methods on this site for updating my card's fw (leaving for 3 mins on error and trying to do the traditional method) but neither seem to work. When I get into the DStwo's Os I do not get any message prompting me to update. TheGamerDepot say they ship each card with the latest fw so I suspect it's already updated and this is the reason I cannot update.

However I'm still left with a card that I cannot play. I have played it a few times and it seems to work when I put my microSD into my computer, eject then power on my XL. But returning to the home menu and trying to load the OS back up again I get the error message.

This is very frustrating and I'm at a loss of how to fix my card. It works 100% of the time in my sister's DSlite but about 5% of the time in my XL. I have also tried to update the fw on the dslite but cannot get the update to prompt when it's loaded on there. Does this suggest it's already on 1.19?

I've sent an email to the site I bought it off and two days later I got an 'out of office' response.

Sorry for the long post, but looking for some help and advice

Also forgot to say my 3DS is on the latest firmware.

Cheers.

D

Deleted-236924

How do you get to reach the DSTwo's main screen? By trying on a different system?
Did you rename dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat when trying to update it on your 3DS?

Baneling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've renamed the update file both versions and still not had any success getting the prompt to show up on either the DSlite or my 3DS XL when I got into the OS. Not sure how I reach the main screen, but it seems to occur when I put the micro sd card into my computer as I mentioned, but even that method is failing me now and haven't been able to get it to work all day. :(

Edit

Just tried putting the fw 1.19 on the DSlite without renaming and got the update prompt which said 1.19 > 1.19 beta. Do you want to update. So I said yeah... and it still wouldn't boot up on my XL....

Baneling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking this too. Have exhausted all options and having no luck. Already sent an email to the retailer and I'm still awaiting a response.

Cheers.

Baneling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a response from the retailer I bought my card from and seem to be a bit confused. Could someone look at this and explain whether I need another card to fix this, or just the software from the other Ace3ds to fix my dstwo?

wcMLRvD.png

Do I need to buy another card to fix my defective dstwo and would this even work?

I've sent a reply saying I think it's defective and would like a replacement.

Baneling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had two emails from 'thegamerdepot.com' which I ordered it from and they refuse to acknowledge that my card is faulty because I mentioned it works on my sister's DSlite. I have tried the method the email told me to fix it and none of them worked.

I replied in VERY CLEAR terms about how no methods seem to allow me to use the card with my XL and would like a replacement, but have had no response from the latest email I sent two days ago. It's looking increasing likely that I've wasted $41 and www.thegamerdepot.com have no intention of resolving the issue of providing me with a faulty card by giving me various solutions that don't work then ignoring me. I suppose there's nothing I can do is there? Other than warn people not to buy their products, if they decide to further ignore me and refuse to replace my card.

:sad:

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had two emails from 'thegamerdepot.com' which I ordered it from and they refuse to acknowledge that my card is faulty because I mentioned it works on my sister's DSlite. I have tried the method the email told me to fix it and none of them worked.

I replied in VERY CLEAR terms about how no methods seem to allow me to use the card with my XL and would like a replacement, but have had no response from the latest email I sent two days ago. It's looking increasing likely that I've wasted $41 and www.thegamerdepot.com have no intention of resolving the issue of providing me with a faulty card by giving me various solutions that don't work then ignoring me. I suppose there's nothing I can do is there? Other than warn people not to buy their products, if they decide to further ignore me and refuse to replace my card.

:sad:
Check out this page: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-11147-1-2.html
If you've tried everything on there, tell the vendor about it and point them toward that thread.
If they still refuse to refund or replace your card, tell them they're assholes and that you will put them on the wall of shame and do everything in your power to ruin their reputation as a decent flash card vendor.

Baneling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
haha I actually provided that link and highlighted with quotes in my email to the retailer. I was quite frustrated and used it to show none of their methods were resolving the issue of a possible defective card.

I have just received a response finally and the rep told me he would seek further advice from the official tech team of the DSTwo manufacturer and see about sending me a working replacement if they cannot provide me with a fix, which I doubt it as that article shows it's almost certainly faulty as none of the fixes seem to work.

Oh well here's hoping I can get a replacement.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
haha I actually provided that link and highlighted with quotes in my email to the retailer. I was quite frustrated and used it to show none of their methods were resolving the issue of a possible defective card.

I have just received a response finally and the rep told me he would seek further advice from the official tech team of the DSTwo manufacturer and see about sending me a working replacement if they cannot provide me with a fix, which I doubt it as that article shows it's almost certainly faulty as none of the fixes seem to work.

Oh well here's hoping I can get a replacement.
Good to hear that persistence finally paid off.

Baneling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My replacement they sent arrived today and can confirm it works fully with my XL. Only tried it about 5 times but seems solid so far, quit to home and reloaded it and it worked, which would never happen on other cart. Quite happy with the service from thegamerdepot when initially I thought they were trying to scam me, but I've now got two cards, one that works in anything that's not a 3DS and a fully working one in case anyone was wondering. Was quite cheap as well at £27 and never had to send anything back. Was also shipped free to UK.

Thumbs up from me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs