Gaming Help for Minecraft on jtag

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So after updating my dash and making sure that everything's working (fsd/dashlaunch), I decided to try xbla games and everything seems to be working fine. I only need help on minecraft since I got a copy with dlcs and TU 19. It might be my brain's turned to mush after all the reading i've been doing during the updates but I can't seem to find any proper tuts on where to place the dlcs and tus.

If it helps, I just have a folder named XBLA on the root of my usb and just drop the xbla files
p3mxRhC.png
And this is what's inside the minecraft folder
kyhDCSg.png

any help would be appreciated

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems i need to have ftp for this which I don't have access to atm. I was planning on doing everything via usb.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just plug the box into yer network or bridge the wireless and wired card of yer lappy and plug a cable into it.

Is the Minecraft disc just the retail version or is it a modified disc with added DLCs etc?

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't have a cable long enough for the router to reach the box. you mean just connect the box to the laptop? sorry, not really familiar with stuff like these.

tbh, I don't know since i just got this off a torrent site. the dlcs are these
fE7BT27.png

I don't really need the dlcs but my kid might lilke them so i thought might as well, but applying the TU is priority.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep.
Open the network center and change adapter settings.
Select both the wireless and wired card and bridge them.
Then stick any regular LAN cable in the back of the 360 and the lappy.
Then you can use the 360 content manager to copy the DLCs for you.
As for the Minecraft disc it self, copy it to the HDD where your other games are and let FSD scan for title updates (whilst it still is connected to your laptop)

Reactions: Jayro

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, it's updated. as for the dlc, i double checked that my ip address is right on the box but it's content manager is telling me that i need a homebrew package with an ftp server

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's still on the front page and started from minecraft so might as well still use this. New problem:

So I just recently played around with getting the 360 connected directly to my modem. My kid's been bugging me about updating minecraft which I haven't since I got it (TU19). So I checked if fsd3 will list the TU and it had up to TU25. Just to be safe I downloaded TU22 but in the middle of it, my net dropped and it never continued it when it went back up. I checked to make sure if the xbox was still connected by downloading covers which it did, but still refused to finish downloading TU22.
I tried downloading TU23, downloaded that completely but still TU22 is stuck and will not continue. I then set TU23 as active but after that, minecraft refuses to start. I press A, start and it does nothing. No warning message that the game isn't supported, it just refuses to start. To make matters worst, none of my xbla games are working. But the regular 360 games are working fine.
And now I can't even get the title updates to appear again, my status is just idle. Restarting the xbox doesn't help either. I'm just confused as to what happened.

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Still the same. Won't start and it seems the internet decided to stop working too.

If it makes a difference, I just stash my xbla games in one folder. As in just take the file itself outside the many folders inside content and just stash them in one folder on my hdd. So i don't know if that affected where the TU was put in.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TU is usually saved in the TU folder somewhere in the folder structure of FSD.
If not it's in the TU folder of the 360's cache.

You could manually transfer the TU via USB to the 360, by grabbing it from a Live enabled 360 (I could help ya with that but ya'd have to wait till I'm home again)
Or you could try it from XBUC.net

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have them all stored in seperate folders (neatly organized) in a main folder.

Reset your scandepth of FSD and make it repoint to where their stored.

Edit:
Yer Minecraft version is the retail disc version.
I'd say store it where you got your other games stored.

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, had to rest a bit. So i was about to set the scan depth and found out that my xbla folder is gone from the usb. And i'm not entirely sure but i think it made another usb partition. Still have splitting headache so i'll hook up the hdd later to check it out.

gbands

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no money to spare for an upgrade XD

ok, that's really weird. my xbla games are nowhere to be seen on the hdd :/ what happened? I don't remember moving or deleting them. And they were working fine before I activated the minecraft TU. so weird

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over