Help Fixing Luma3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheIcarus, Jun 16, 2017.

1. TheIcarus
    OP

TheIcarus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Recently I was trying to update my 3ds from A9LH to B9S, however I accidentally deleted some files I wasn't suppose to before I started, and it only loaded to sysnand and not emunand and Luma. I tired restoring files from a backup, however I now get an "error has occurred, turn off the system" whenever I start. A picture of my current SD card is below. Are there any files I'm suppose to have/not suppose to have on there?

http://imgur.com/a/f4ZUc

2. sp3off

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Simple, boot up your 3DS with the select button pressed, and tick the emuNAND option (even if it's deprecated, like Luma 7.0 and A9LH)

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. TheLegendofMario

TheLegendofMario GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2016
    United States
    What is your system version?

4. TheIcarus
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    I still get the error

Sys is on 9.2, Emu is on 11.3 I believe

5. sp3off

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Well ... I would have recommended you to switch from emuNAND to a total and fonctionnal sysNAND + Update and B9S, but I wil try to help you with your configuration. How much emuNANDs do you have ?

6. TheIcarus
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Well I'm trying to update, but I can't because I can't turn the system on

7. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Your Luma3DS is WAY outdated. Go download 7.0.5 and put the arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD. Go back to the Guide for updating to B9S. Delete all the unnecessary files from your SD card.

TheLegendofMario likes this.
  8. TheIcarus
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Yes, but that's what I'm asking. I don't know what the unnecessary files are, or if there's files I'm missing

9. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    You need arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.3dsx files. You just need 3ds, DCIM, FBI, files9, JKSV, luma, Nintendo 3DS, and Themes folders. Some of those folders are optional. You may need more or less depending on your setup. Without knowing your exact setup and what you use, no one can tell you exactly. This would be for an a9lh system.