Hacking [HELP] Exception Type DSI occurred!

Zeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I am right u use Pal games for ur us wiiu games. So you have to chance something to get it work in the Order names. I think thats the problem.

usaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did. Its not working. Bought a new one on Amazon, gonna arrive today. Will test the new one out tomorrow!

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
I dont know why, but everything seems fine until I run a game on loadiine. It gives me "Exception Type DSI occurred" message.

I have a Wii U 8gb. 5.3.2.

Using http://www.digital-axon-105417.appspot.com/wiiu.html

Followed everystep along the way and downloaded Mario Kart 8 the Ready2Play Loadiine version.

Helps!

A little off topic here but the second screenshot actually gave me "the chill", heh...
Reminds me of the good old Wii homebrew time ;)

Reactions: usaboy

Zeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What do you mean by Order names? haha
Sorry I was german english mode.. I mean Folder struktur.
for example many EU (pal) games has a EU in his Folder Name or in many Files. You need to Rename this in us. Your us wiiu cant handle theEU Files

Last edited by Zeroy,

usaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I was german english mode.. I mean Folder struktur.
for example many EU (pal) games has a EU in his Folder Name or in many Files. You need to Rename this in us. Your us wiiu cant handle theEU Files

You mean the files below right? What do I change EU to? USA?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some of the folders have names EU in there, but some has EUR...which ones do I change?

Last edited by usaboy,

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the WUD is USA, for EU console, in the "content\LuigiBros\msg" folder, "USA_en" must be renamed to "EUR_en", as well as in the folder "content\LocalizedData", "UsEn" must be renamed to "EuEn", in order for the game to boot

so i suppose u could try the opposite for eu game on usa console. so EUR_en to USA_en and EuEn to UsEn

Zeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For example wii party u us to eu:

A lot of people still have trouble with Wii Party U. I've did some more testing with this game and here are my results for making it more compatible with Loadiine 4.0.

Optional: make it compatible with European consoles
Wii Party U has only got a USA scene by PoWeRUp so most Europeans must first rename some folders to make it compatible. The curious thing is that some European language files are present on the USA disc, but not all of them. So where available use your own language and rename them as follows:

Rename content\common\mess\US_English (or French or Spanish) to content\common\mess\EU_<yourlanguagelong>
For example: EU_Dutch, EU_Russia, EU_French etc.

Rename content\common\movie\EU\en to content\common\movie\EU\<yourlanguageshort>
For example: du (for Dutch), ru (for Russian), it (for Italian), ge (for German) etc. (French and Spanish don't need a rename as they are already there)

Rename in the folder content\sound\common the following files:
NEXPY_SOUND_US.bfsar to NEXPY_SOUND_EU.bfsar
NEXPY_SOUND_US.fsid to NEXPY_SOUND_EU.fsid
NEXPY_SOUND_US.xml to NEXPY_SOUND_EU.xml

If you made a mistake in renaming the files, Wii Party U gives you nice error complaining about 150-3034 but it won't freeze the Wii U and you can go back to the Wii U menu. Just take out your SD card and correct the error, or use Loadiine server mode to find out which language name it is expecting.

Speed up the loading times
To speed up the loading times a bit and to save some space, you can delete the other languages besides your own language the Wii U is set to in all the above mentioned folders. You can also delete:
content\sound\JP, or US, or EU depending on your country/language setting. Also in the these folder you can delete the other languages.

Fixing the Space Zappers Minigame
There is a big incompatibility with Loadliine and Wii Party U that isn't mentioned yet in the Loadiine compatibility list. The mini game Space Zappers won't work. It is especially annoying when the game pops up in one of the TV Party mode games, because it will hang the Wii U completely! I've spend some time figuring this out. First the PoWeRUp release will hang at loading:
content/common\ch_base/pc/mot/spg_idle01_w.bnfmsa

This file isn't available on the PoWeRUp release. Also with copying and renaming the available spg_idle01.bnfmsa to spg_idle01_w.bnfmsa won't make a difference. I first thought the release was inproper, so I downloaded the complete game from NUS (using the title.tik from the PoWeRUp release). With using the NUS files it will also hang the Wii U, but this time at the following file:
\content\common\bin\nmg418.bin

So there is something wrong with the PoWeRUp release, but it doesn't make a difference. I've even tested it with multiple SD cards and in SSB and Mii modes. My temporarily solution is to copy and rename the files of another mini game to have a working TV Party mode (with the chance that you get this mini game twice in one game). You can do that by choosing a mini game file in the folder:
\code\nmg<number>.rpl
For example nmg420.rpl. Copy it to the same folder and rename it to: nmg418.bin (let it overwrite nmg418.rpl or delete it). Than go to the folder:
\content\common\bin
Delete: nmg418.bin, nmg418.usen.bin, nmg418.usfr.bin and nmg418.ussp.bin. Copy your nmg<number>.bin, nmg<number>.usen.bin, nmg<number>.usfr.bin and nmg<number>.ussp.bin into the same folder and rename them to nmg418.bin, nmg418.usen.bin, nmg418.usfr.bin and nmg418.ussp.bin.

This is all that is needed to prevent Wii Party U to hang. You still will see Space Zappers as a intro and instruction, but when you start the game another minigame is started. If you want, you can rename the files in all the other folders to also see the right intro screens, but it isn't needed to have Wii Party U working.

Unresolved: wrong selection in GamePad Party
There is still one issue left; in the GamePad Party mode you get another selection than what you have selected. Everything is working, but just the menu selection is off. This happens with the PoWeRUp release and the NUS download. So I think it is a Loadiine compatibility issue. Maybe it can be solved by renaming some files, but I didn't care to look into it further because it isn't bothering me.

I hope I can help a lot more people playing Wii Party U with these instructions. Also the compatibility list needs to be updated with this info, because there are some issues with Loadiine. Can I edit it to link to this post?

Reactions: usaboy

usaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the WUD is USA, for EU console, in the "content\LuigiBros\msg" folder, "USA_en" must be renamed to "EUR_en", as well as in the folder "content\LocalizedData", "UsEn" must be renamed to "EuEn", in order for the game to boot

so i suppose u could try the opposite for eu game on usa console. so EUR_en to USA_en and EuEn to UsEn

Just tried with a new SD card, re-naming the files and it still give me the same errors. In the case of Mario kart, I couldnt even find files that contains "eu" or "us". The one that I did re-naming were Mario 3D world, and after re naming it, it does the same error...

Brandts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having the same problem with Super Mario 3D world. I have a EU version console and a USA version of the game. I've checked every step fomr the post of @MiMiCAX and renamed all the files @gamer4lif3 mentiond but the problem still occurs. Has anybody else an idea what to do?

Edit: I managed to get the EU version of the game. This one works without a problem!

Last edited by Brandts,

castigear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed my copy of mario party. Using a eu copy in a us console. Not only the directories need to be changed, but also about 150 files. I used a program called "bulk rename utility". Pull up and highlight the entire directory structure in the program, then select rename, type EU in the top window and US in the bottom window (or vice versa if you are switching the other way) and check "match case" then process. then do the same thing with lower case and you are done. I had very little hope going in that it would work, but it did.

Just a side thought though: I did a preliminary search first and made sure that all instances of "eu" were in fact for region. If you try this for any other game that isn't working, double check that before you do a batch change and end up changing a file that has nothing to do with region.

Last edited by castigear,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude chess is best