Hacking Help erasing NOR on EZ Flash V

Tnev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey gang,

I'm using an Acekard with EZ Flash V. I've played Pokemon Fire Red with EZ Flash and had minimal trouble. When I finished that game (and migrated all the worthwhile Pokemon to Pokemon Platinum on the microSD) I put Pokemon Emerald on there. That took a bit of erasing/dumping trial and error but I eventually got Pokemon Emerald working normally. Now I'm trying to go back to Fire Red and I can't get rid of this Pokemon Emerald .sav file from the EZ Flash. When I go into GBA Exploader, I can write the new Fire Red .sav file to the microSD in SRAM mode, but whenever i hit the "R" button to switch into NOR mode, there is ALWAYS this Pokemon Emerald .sav file and I can't get rid of it. I've tried that Hyperlisk NOR eraser and the NOR eraser that comes with Akaio firmware...... does anyone have any ideas on how to completely get rid of any traces of Pokemon Emerald from my MicroSD AND EZ Flash V ??

Thanks a lot in advance,

Tnev

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure to understand your problem ...
BTW, if it's what i think it is, try this :

Flash another game in NOR but not a pokemon game. In that case a new save will be loaded into SRAM (the memory where GBA saves are stored).

Tnev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks for the replies,

I've been doing some more reading and I'm starting to think it might be my battery. I've been getting this "1mb sub-circuit not installed" error message upon beginning a new game of Pokemon. Would that be a fair indication that my battery is malfunctioning/dead ??

MbMax: I loaded Wario onto the EZ Flash V (i think it was in NOR memory) and haven't had any success since removing that with both the standard Akaio NOR eraser and then also trying Cory1492's Loader.

HDIDT: I'll try that SRAM test tonight and see what it reveals. If it's not in the downloads section, could you please link me up?

Thanks

Tnev

Tnev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:

I tried using the nc_sram checker and it instantly got an error upon trying to use it

also, gba exploader freezes when i try do to A LOT of stuff (that's if it doesn't fail to initialise first)

When I dump sram in Akaio, gba exploader says that the sram in both sram mode and NOR mode are "empty state" (which sounds good) but if i flash fire red to NOR using akaio, i still get the "1mb sub-circuit not installed" when i try and play it, evidenced by the fact that i can't seem to change the "empty sram state" in NOR mode to fire red

Tnev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh my god, another update,

think i got it working (didn't get the error message)

i think i just needed to dump the sram properly a few times and i finally got rid of the corrupt file that was preventing me from saving in other games

thanks a lot you guys, i might hit this thread up again if i can't save

D

Deleted-236924

Well, if you're using AKAIO, you shouldn't even need GBA_ExpLoader, except maybe for NOR.
The save data is backed up to the microSD once you turn back on the DS and run the Acekard.
Then once you run a different game, it will use that game's .sav file

Oh, and I didn't even answer the question...
Since Hyperlisk's NOR eraser didn't work, you probably had a 3in1+.
You could use GBA_Exploader v0.58b0. Just load a game in NOR, and once it finishes erasing NOR, turn off the DS.

To clear the SRAM data, use this file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo