FireSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,
I bought a 64gb sd with 16 roms, when I put more games the diskwriter asked to format and back up so he backed up and formatted the sd, after this the diskwriter not recognize more the sd card in size is appearing one negative number.

Image:
gAasK2f.png

What can this be and what can I do to get back to work?
Thank you.

FireSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Searching i found Looking found that diskwriter not recognize the SD card if it is inserted into the notebook reader, so I bought a usb adapter for micro sd card.

Now the cards with less than 8GB (is what I have to test) it recognizes, now the other two (a 32gb and a 64gb) it recognizes as negative number saying it has no room for games.

Anyone had this problem and knows the solution?
Thank you.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me the specs of your microSD cards.
(Necessito los detales de tus microSD cartas)

Are they Class 10? Are they SDHC or SDXC? Are they UHS-1 or UHS-3? Are they UHS -AND- Class 10? Need to know...

Go to FileHippo and download EaseUS Partition Master (free). Install it. You're going to need it...

FireSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
32gb class 4 micro sdhc kingston.
64gb class 10 Micro SDHC.

thanks xD

------ Edit
EaseUS Screen Shot:

32GB class 4 micro sd kingston
HjX2ujH.png

Reactions: Osmosis

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(dime si no entiendes algo... lo explico en castellano)

Is your USB adapter plugged into a USB hub? It must be plugged directly into PC. No extensions or additions.

Okay, once you've installed EaseUS Partition Master open it up and find your mSD card.

Right click it and DELETE ALL PARTITIONS. Make sure to APPLY CHANGES. Leave it UNALLOCATED then open up Diskwriter. Select the mSD, then FORMAT it. Try it.

If it still happens, go back to EPM and delete all partitions AND THEN DELETE THE MBR. Rebuild the MBR, leave it unallocated, take back to Diskwriter and FORMAT it.

When you do the initial triple-insert, wait for the blue lights to stop blinking before you eject it.

If it still cycles after all of this, see if you can use another mSD and get it to work using this method. If it works with another mSD, then the mSDs are bad. If it doesn't, then the Sky3DS is bad.

You can only put 31 games on each mSD no matter how big. You must also have more than 1GB free space for the Sky3DS to write savedata. So no cramming.

If you can't fit 31 games on the mSD, use ROM-TOOL or NDSTokyoTrim to trim the roms. This will make then smaller and will not damage them. It will only recognize 31 games per mSD. The RESERVE section is for storing ROMs with savedata that you have used without breking the savedata to the 3DS SD card.

Post results, pls.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*saw screenshot*

Hrm... so diskwriter is reading them as 0mb and they are unallocated? Okay... format them. Format them to defaults. Don't evne use EaseUS. Open up MY COMPUTER>RIGHT-CLICK mSD>FORMAT>select defaults (should be FAT16 or FAT32.

Put them back through Diskwriter and see if it recognized them.

If so, try writing x2 games and see what happens.

If they don't show up in MY COMPUTER then the MBR isn't right. They should at least show up. They won't be formatted so you won't see a disk size. Just right-click them and format. See if it works in Diskwriter.

Reactions: FireSoul

FireSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you see the ss on the last post the "EaseUS Screen Shot:", the program is showing two partitions on my sd card one with 29gb and other with 1tb+, this happens on both card(32gb, 64gb) after diskwriter format...

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's AFTER Diskwriter formats them, right?

Then use EaseUS to DELETE ALL PARTITIONS and then format them to DEFAULT SETTINGS and try again.

Diskwriter should be formatting two partitions. One 1GB and one 31GB (32GB mSD, right?). The smaller partition is for the savedata but it's still a good idea to leave some free space on mSD. The 1TB makes no sense. It can't make that size because it doesn't exist.

In EaseUS mine reads it as:

D: FAT12 - 512kb - ACTIVE - PRIMARY
* unallocated - 29.51GB - NONE - LOGICAL

My MBR signature is FFFFFFFF (using EaseUS right click MBR and view properties)

It's important that you delete ALL PARTITONS in EaseUS. It should just be one giant unallocated partition. Then try having windows use DEFAULT SETTINGS and then try using it in Diskwriter.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet you it's the adapter. That or your Diskwriter has got a major glitch in it. Try another USB adapter.

Don't give up just yet...

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No prob.

JUST DON'T USE DISKWRITER v2.00b8!!!!! PLEASE USE 2.02B1 INSTEAD!!!!

Another interesting fact: I own a USB>SD card slot adapter. So I can put my mSD into the SD adapter and then into my USB SD slot adapter.

I also have a USB>mSD adapter just in case.

But the moment I try to use my lappy SD slot with DW it freaks out. Must have something to do with the mobo drivers or .NET. Others have had the same experience. No USB hub dongles either. Daisy-chaining just drives DW insane.

So best bet is USB>mSD adapter DIRECTLY INTO PC USB PORT. It means business.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2s69fpphVU