Hacking Help decompressing/compresing "game.bin.z" from VC game

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!!!
This project its about to decompress and then compress again a file from a Virtual Console game (wii)
The file come from the last Virtual Console NEOGEO game realised last tuestday (Metal Slug 3)
The purpouse is repack the file with another unrealised game (is called "injection") as i did timeee ago.

I did a very similar request with the same file name. On this thread -->(http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4906)

(last time it was used "Simplyzip" with option "External progs"-->Zlib (pack/unpack) or Xpert 2.0 tool decompres/compress it) An "extrange" type of zlib compression

Now It has just appear a new compression type (for me) and im not able to decompress it.

Information:

-File name game.bin.z
-Size 35.732.788bytes
-Start with "header" 43 52 .. .. ..

-End with:

-Suppose:

*-Supposed extracted size 93.192.256 bytes (the sum of header+game file+bios)

*-The result of file extraction allways was a single file, for instance i suppose it will be the sema.
If not, it could have:
Header: 64bytes (used to be)
M file:524.288 bytes (original neogeo game file)
S file:262.144 bytes (original neogeo game file)
V file(s):16.777.216 byte (original neogeo game file)
C file(s):67.108.864 bytes (modified original neogeo game file )
P file(s):8.388.608 bytes (modified original neogeo game file)
Bios: 131.072 bytes (a special bios for this purpose) "similar" to a regular neogeo bios

*-The old extructure of the extracted file used to be: (the file we want to obtain)
*Header (64bytes) with a list of file sizes or offset where they start (depends on versions)
*Game files (all joined one after another, thats the reason of the header)
*Bios (131.072 bytes), on lastest version not necesary at the end of the file

-links removed-

Thanks in advance

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
its only about the compression, how it works, get uncompressed and compress it back to the same size as the original.

sr_corsario is doing a great job on VC Injects so knowing how this works would help him to inject bigger sized games like MotW, KoF 98, 99, 2000 and the likes into existing VC games.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah I'm not usually a screaming bitch when it comes down to this.. but I just wanted to warn about it. Good luck on this project.

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmm first of all i would like to apologice if some information or files are not allowed by the forum rules.

And thanks again to G0dLiKe for his bigs efforts helping me on many things.

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Acording with file header, "43 52 30 30" it could be variant of CRUSH compression. "cr00"

CRUSH compression as description : "Powerful LZ featuring extremely fast decompression" (LZ77)

Moreover, nintendo used many times diferents LZ compresion types.

Font:

Anyone could help on this project???

Thanks in advance

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heyy!

On the last post i did a reflection about compression types and compression ratios. Moreover the fact nintendo usually used LZ compression. Sorry if i dont explain properlly.

I have good news... The original "rom" from mslug 3 is encrypted, for this reason compressor programs cant get a good ratio... AFTER decrypt them (S file and C files) the compression rate (with a LZ compressor or winrar) is very similar to our game.bin.z Thats a good new :D

Will see..

Reactions: 1 person

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Heyy!

On the last post i did a reflection about compression types and compression ratios. Moreover the fact nintendo usually used LZ compression. Sorry if i dont explain properlly.

I have good news... The original "rom" from mslug 3 is encrypted, for this reason compressor programs cant get a good ratio... AFTER decrypt them (S file and C files) the compression rate (with a LZ compressor or winrar) is very similar to our game.bin.z Thats a good new :D

Will see..
nice :)

make sure to keep us updated.

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
:cry: :angry: :sad: DISASTER !!!

Having a look into 1.app I found this, where we can read "REX-PPC 2.4.2 55.0 (RevoEX-2.4)" and NETLockCrypto etc etc

And this... where i think its making reference to game.bin.z file because "CR00" is the file header :cry: and then ... "NETAESDecryp" :cry:

DISASTER if game.bin.z is compressed with password/key

Obviouslly i looked for this values in a "old" 1.app and didnt appear!! :cry:

Heelpppp!!! :cry:

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
well maybe a newer SDK can help with this but honestly I dunno.

Anyone can give some insight? giantpune to the rescue ;)

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
yeah would be a blast if we can get this to uncompress and compress as it should.

were are all the file gurus when you need em :)

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I found something on a memory dump with dolphin... but not sure if it will work for something... (looking for the decompressed file... not sure...)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Is Metal Slug 3 the biggest sized Neo-Geo game?
I remember original Ironclad is bigger.
Or are you trying to find if the game uses a new compression method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended