Help Deciding Which Flashcart is best for DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by AlphaGiraffe, Feb 14, 2014.

1. AlphaGiraffe
    OP

AlphaGiraffe Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2014
    United States
    Hi there,
    I recently took an interest in modifying my old Nintendo DSi, and decided that buying a flashcart would be a good idea. However, I'm not entirely sure which cart would be best suited for my needs while being compatible with my system, and was wondering if someone with more knowledge on them could suggest me one. Ideally, i would like the cart to;
    • Work on a DSi that is running the latest software.
    • Be capable of playing DSi ROMs.
    • Have some sort of homebrew support.
    I would also prefer it to be capable of playing Game Boy Advance ROMs, but this isn't necessary. And of course, the lower the price I can get for it, the better. Any suggestions on where to buy the carts are also greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. RikuCrafter

RikuCrafter GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    Supercard DSTWO will serve your needs entirely. It won't play DSi enhanced parts of games (the video chat in Pokemon Black for example). They will run as normal DS games.

3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  4. Toasty

Toasty Queen

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2011
    United States
    Toledo OH
    Out of curiosity is the Supercard able to use WPA2 on the newer Pokemon games?

5. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Nope. The game needs to be running DSi-mode for WPA/WPA2, and none of the flashcarts available are able to run in DSi-mode. They all run in standard DS mode, so you'll be limited to WEP.

6. AlphaGiraffe
    OP

AlphaGiraffe Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2014
    United States
    Thank you everyone for your help. I ended up ordering a Supercard DSTWO from nds-cards.com :lol:

7. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The CycloDS iEvo supports the DSi-mode but no online play :P

8. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The "best" flashcard depends on the point of the view. The DSTWO is very expensive (compared to other flashcards).

9. JakeFe

JakeFe Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
  10. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    I think people were spoiled from the all the $5-10 r4 clones and dstt if they call the dstwo expensive
    its the cost of 1 retail game, I dont know why people complain about it considering the amount of games they will "obtain" and play with it
    mainly the ds era of flashcarts, good gba flash carts were high in price, and now good 3ds flashcards are also high

heck I payed $65 for my m3 real perfect bundle back in the day and never thought it was too expensive

11. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The used DS games can be very cheap. And there is no reason to spend dozen of $ for cheap homebrew apps ;)