Homebrew Help Creating CIA and/or Install from .app/.tik?

Motron9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a 3DS "game" from Wii U USB helper. I do realize this was probably not the most efficient way to do this but I thought it best given my situation.

That was, until I realized I wasnt sure what to do with the resulting files that were downloaded. I've got:

00000000.app
00000001.app
Title.tmd
Title.tik

I thought that I would be able to use Decrypt9 to accomplish this but I pissed around in there with a bunch of different options but nothing did the trick.

I realize I can use FBI to install the ticket but I dont need to download the content from CDN (I already have it, obviously).

What am I missing here? Is this even possible? I assume it is or it wouldnt be built into Wii U USB Helper.

Thanks in advance.

Motron9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a 3DS "game" from Wii U USB helper. I do realize this was probably not the most efficient way to do this.

I thought this made it clear that I knew there are other/"better" options available without having to explain myself...

My internet at home is spotty at best. I used a laptop at my parents house and just put the game on a flash drive (that I had in the car) to take with me. I do not carry my 3DS around with me all the time.

And fact is, it was more than one game or I would have just done it some other way.

I assume you were just trying to be helpful (and not being a smartass) and I thank you for that.

At this point, I dont need any more suggestions on how to do this "better" next time.

/thread

Last edited by Motron9000,

Xeroyamil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time just install freeShop on your 3ds and download the game straight onto it.
Easy and simple

I know that freeShop is better, but each one have different motive to use different method to acquire games. I myself use freeShop for my N3DS, but I use WiiU Helper to keep my games in a backup for another 3DS

Motron9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/restart thread ^_^

So because I downloaded games on another computer, they are not showing up as "downloaded" in Wii U USB Helper. I can mark them as downloaded but the program still doesnt know where the files are.

Then I stumble onto "import games" under Batch Commands...ahh, sweet all is right with the world.

WRONG!!!

No matter how I organize the folders or how high up the hierarchy I start, I just keep getting "no games found. Please specify a different path".

This worked on all my WiiU DLC/GAMES/UPDATES but doesnt seem to work on any 3DS related material.

Thoughts?

EDIT: So the creator of Wii U USB Helper informed me that importing 3DS title is not supported. He suggested moving the files to a specific folder but that didnt work.

Sooo...any other way to turn .APP/.TIK into a .CIA or am I resigned to going about this in a different way?

Last edited by Motron9000,

Motron9000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone else that would run into a similar problem.

Your 3DS game folders need to be in

DATA_3DS -> USA -> ESHOP

It doesnt matter if the title was an eShop title or a retail game. They will only show up as downloaded if placed in that folder.

Once this is done they can be treated as though they were downloaded on the current host.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool