Homebrew Help Converting Desmume Save (dsv), to Cyclo DS File HELP!!&#3

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
A few days ago I started trying to convert my file from Desmume for my Harvest Moon DS Cute. To convert the save file from it I've tried everything. I've tried renaming the extension (dsv to sav) which didn't work. I've tried one of the converters on the filetrip that has a Desmume converter. Didn't work.

I've even tried the method of Exporting Backup Menu. The save when imported back into DeSmuME would then not let me save at all. I suspect I'm doing something wrong in the backup media. I have repetitively tried most of the backups and none of them work at all. Someone please help me!

Cheers.
PS Someone needs to explain how I can upload my save file so you can work on it.

Thanks again.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is this the original, unmodified .dsv? I have tested it and it only works in Desmume.

even if I hex edit it, which is how I convert saves for people, it will not work on my flash card, a DSTT, which also uses 512k .sav

I have converted someone elses Harvest Moon DS Cute save before in this post.

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yer this save is original and unmodified. Actually the save was from version 0.9.4 of Desmume if that helps at all. I really want this one converted is all. It has my names in it and stuff :-(
Desmume was in autodetect as well. I have no idea what backup memory it chose.

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'll re-upload again to mega upload. This time I copied exactly from the save directory. Also, if you can load with desmume 9.5 and save, you might change the hex's enough so you can edit them. Just a thought.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IW30LSKI

Thanks again retrogamefan
smile.gif

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I think I know why this file isn't converting. I was using Desmume's GBA slot feature to get those Harvest Moon Characters into the save. The gba slot worked. Then upon saving it becomes impossible to convert the file. Probably adding the GBA file messes up the save somehow. Desmume might be the only thing that supports it at all.

lol anyway I've given up on this save. I don't think it's going to work at all :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show