HELP: Console Transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Solarinus, May 31, 2017.

1. Solarinus
    OP

Solarinus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    United States
    Hi all,

I'm looking to transfer content from one system to another.

System 1: 3DS (US), originally using exploit via Gateway, now a9lh plus gateway as a boot option. I have several applications installed on SysNAND, and still have EMUNAND installed for use with Gateway.
    System 2: N3DS (EU), pretty much stock, now boot9strap.

I have lots of software installed on S1 that I'd like to get onto S2. I tried copying the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to the new system, with no luck.

Is there a way to:
    1) Get ".3ds" and saves off of S1
    a) install Gateway on S2 and use cart with current software
    b) extract Gateway saves for use with "cia"s
    2) Get ".cia" installed files (and saves) from S1 to S2

FYI: I was an early adopter and n00b when I got my GW cart, so clear directions are appreciated.

Last edited by Solarinus, May 31, 2017
  2. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    since you already have boot9strap on your n3ds you can use something like JKSM cia version to back up your saves from S1, then use freeshop to grab the cia versions of games you have to put on S2, and use JKSM to re-inject your saves to NAND. You'll want to use luma CFW for its stock region-free support and make sure you get the correct regions of your games so your saves are supported when you inject them to S2.

I mean you could also do it manually with decrypt9 to dump your titles, but honestly making a list by hand, backing up your saves and using freeshop will probably be way faster.

Also, the Nintendo 3DS folder is locked to that system and that current re-format, which is why your sysnand won't read CTR emunand stuff on its home menu and vice-versa if your emunand and sysnand are unlinked.

Last edited by Mark McDonut, May 31, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Solarinus
    OP

Solarinus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    United States
    Thanks. In principle, I knew that, but your solution seems on the right track...will try tomorrow