Help compiling Wii64

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by allterran, Jun 6, 2009.

Jun 6, 2009

Help compiling Wii64 by allterran at 12:11 AM (2,727 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. allterran
    OP

Newcomer allterran Member

United States
    Remember, The authors of wii64/mupen64gc don't want any unofficial builds, and I don't blame them I wouldn't want massive amounts of bug reports for something I didn't implement to a program initially I wrote. This is only intended as a helping hand to those who want to try Wii64 or Mupen64gc's latest non-compiled updates.

This is what I did to compile Wii64 R474, There might be steps here that are not needed but the files should work.

What you need:

Windows XP
    A copy of devkitpro installed
    A copy of Dollz3
    A copy of the source for mupen64gc

What to do: (Note: you can choose whatever makefile you want for what ever plugin version you want)

1: make this directory and copy the source files to it: C:\devkitpro\mupen64\
    2: put a copy of the sources in: C:\devkitpro\devkitppc\bin\
    3: copy Dollz3.zip contents to C:\devkitpro\devkitppc\bin\
    4: open msys and type: cd /c/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin
    5: type: make -f /c/devkitpro/mupen64/makefile.gx_gfx_wii
    6: the output will give you "wii64-gx.elf, wii64-gx.elf.map, wii64-gx.dol" in the bin folder
    7: the .dol is invalid so just delete it
    8: copy "cmd.exe" to the bin folder from C:\windows\system32\
    9: run cmd.exe and type: doltool -d wii64-gx.elf, this will give another .dol
    10: finally in the cmd window type: multi.cmd this will compress the .elf to a valid .dol
    11: the executable .dol file should be between 450 and 550kb depending on the makefile chosen
    12: Run file via Homebrew Channel

Dollz3 found here --> http://wiibrew.org/w/images/e/ef/Dollz3.zip
    Devkitpro found here --> http://www.devkitpro.org/
    instructions for acquiring the source can be found on the mupen64gc google code web site

Much thanks to the authors of Mupen64gc: tehpola, sepp256 and emukidid, excellent job writing this app and keep up the good work. [​IMG]

2. Dookieman

Member Dookieman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The builds on the Google code are not up to date anymore. The authors used to frequently update the site with new revisions but have since stopped. As you can see from their home videos, the project has progressed much more then what is available on google code. But still great news that you got it to compile!

3. allterran
    OP

Newcomer allterran Member

United States
    I kinda figured those files weren't up to date, conscidiering when I tried any of the wii compilations they didn't seem to run nearly as well as the tiizer video. Ok so I lost 20 Min. of my life compiling something that wasn't even the latest work, Thanks for the info. I'm going now to beat my head profusely into the wall. [​IMG]