Homebrew Help compiling some yawmm mod

Devnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem compiling Fix94's Some-Yawmm-Mod (macOS, latest versions of devkitppc and other packages). It throws a bunch of errors, even when trying to compile the source as-is without changing anything.
I spoke to @XFlak on Discord about it and he told me that perhaps @fledge68 or @blackb0x could be of help.

The first time I try to run make, libwiidrc is missing, so I installed that and it proceeds. Next, running make throws a few warnings and stops after erroring out about fill3 in title.c:65:27. The full output is below:
ehcmodule.elf
fat.c
gui.c
iospatch.c
menu.c
mload.c
nand.c
restart.c
sha1.c
sys.c
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/sys.c: In function 'Sys_Init':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/sys.c:111:30: warning: passing argument 1 of 'SYS_SetResetCallback' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
111 | SYS_SetResetCallback(__Sys_ResetCallback);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| |
| void (*)(void)
In file included from /opt/devkitpro/libogc/include/gccore.h:62,
from /opt/devkitpro/libogc/include/ogcsys.h:4,
from /Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/sys.c:4:
/opt/devkitpro/libogc/include/ogc/system.h:367:50: note: expected 'resetcallback' {aka 'void (*)(unsigned int, void *)'} but argument is of type 'void (*)(void)'
367 | resetcallback SYS_SetResetCallback(resetcallback cb);
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~
title.c
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/title.c: In function 'Title_FakesignTMD':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/title.c:65:27: error: 'tmd' {aka 'struct _tmd'} has no member named 'fill3'; did you mean 'fill2'?
65 | tmd_data->fill3 = fill;
| ^~~~~
| fill2
make[1]: *** [title.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

I am given the suggestion that the code meant to say fill2 instead of fill3, but I doubt that is the case since this is how the code shipped from Fix94. I tried changing it to fill2 and it does go over that but it introduces a bunch of other errors, so I would like to first resolve this error properly instead of trying a random sugggestion the compiler makes.

So, what can I do to get this working?
Thanks in advance.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, why do you need to compile it? Why not just download the pre-compiled elf or dol? Just for the fun of doing it yourself?

Reactions: Kopimist

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
To be clear, yawmm works on the wii mini, but yawmm is preventing installation of system menu wads as part of its brick protection, because it can't determine the current region due to an unknown SM version number, similar to what would happen on the wii with a custom maxxed out system menu version of 65535. Yawmm won't let u install a system menu for a different region, and since it can't detect the region, it won't permit installation of any region system menu

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
expected 'resetcallback' {aka 'void (*)(unsigned int, void *)'} but argument is of type 'void (*)(void)'
Change this into void __Sys_ResetCallback(__attribute__((unused)) u32 irq, __attribute__((unused)) void *ctx)

error: 'tmd' {aka 'struct _tmd'} has no member named 'fill3'; did you mean 'fill2'?
Change fill3 into fill2.

You'll probably run into more warnings and errors since the app hasn't been updated to work with the latest version of devkitPPC and libogc. So you can either correct all of the issues or use an older version of devkitPro.

If you use a much older version of devkitPPC and libogc then you won't need to apply the above changes.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Devnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried using an older devkitppc and libogc version and I had all sorts of different issues.

I applied the changes you suggested and now it appears that all the errors are gone (I still get a myriad of warnings) and the problem now is in linking. It appears that something is defined multiple times but I don't understand what exactly.

Here's the new output of make:
ehcmodule.elf
fat.c
gui.c
iospatch.c
menu.c
mload.c
nand.c
restart.c
sha1.c
sys.c
title.c
usbstorage.c
video.c
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/video.c: In function 'Con_FgColor':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/video.c:49:24: warning: format '%lu' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
49 | printf("\x1b[%lu;%um", color + 30, bold);
| ~~^ ~~~~~~~~~~
| | |
| | u32 {aka unsigned int}
| long unsigned int
| %u
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/video.c: In function 'Con_BgColor':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/video.c:56:24: warning: format '%lu' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
56 | printf("\x1b[%lu;%um", color + 40, bold);
| ~~^ ~~~~~~~~~~
| | |
| long unsigned int
| %u
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/video.c: In function 'Con_FillRow':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/video.c:66:24: warning: format '%lu' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
66 | printf("\x1b[%lu;%um", color + 40, bold);
| ~~^ ~~~~~~~~~~
| | |
| long unsigned int
| %u
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/video.c:77:24: warning: format '%lu' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
77 | printf("\x1b[%lu;0H", row);
| ~~^ ~~~
| | |
| long unsigned int
| %u
wad-manager.c
In file included from /Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c:6:
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c: In function 'ReadConfigFile':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c:240:56: warning: array subscript has type 'char' [-Wchar-subscripts]
240 | else if (isalpha(tmpStr[0]))
| ~~~~~~^~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c: In function 'GetIntParam':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c:381:34: warning: array subscript has type 'char' [-Wchar-subscripts]
381 | while ((isdigit(inputStr ) == 0) && (i < len))
| ~~~~~~~~~^~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c:388:34: warning: array subscript has type 'char' [-Wchar-subscripts]
388 | while ((isdigit(inputStr )) && (i < len) && (outCount < 40))
| ~~~~~~~~~^~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c: In function 'GetStringParam':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c:412:34: warning: array subscript has type 'char' [-Wchar-subscripts]
412 | while ((isalpha(inputStr ) == 0) && (i < len))
| ~~~~~~~~~^~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad-manager.c:419:34: warning: array subscript has type 'char' [-Wchar-subscripts]
419 | while ((isalnum(inputStr )) && (i < len) && (outCount < maxChars))
| ~~~~~~~~~^~~
wad.c
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad.c: In function 'get_title_ios':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad.c:76:55: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
76 | sprintf(filepath, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/content/title.tmd", TITLE_UPPER(title), TITLE_LOWER(title));
| ~~~~^
| |
| long unsigned int
| %08x
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad.c:76:61: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
76 | sprintf(filepath, "/title/%08lx/%08lx/content/title.tmd", TITLE_UPPER(title), TITLE_LOWER(title));
| ~~~~^
| |
| long unsigned int
| %08x
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad.c: In function 'Wad_Install':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad.c:330:53: warning: format '%li' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
330 | printf("\n This Title wants IOS%li but the installed version\n is a stub.\n", TITLE_LOWER(tmd_data->sys_version));
| ~~^
| |
| long int
| %i
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/wad.c:452:58: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'u32' {aka 'unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
452 | printf("\r\t\t>> Installing content #%02ld...", content->cid);
| ~~~~^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
| | |
| long int u32 {aka unsigned int}
| %02d
wkb.c
wpad.c
pngu.c
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c: In function 'PNGU_SelectImageFromDevice':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:91:33: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strlen' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
91 | ctx->filename = malloc (strlen (filename) + 1);
| ^~~~~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:14:1: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'strlen'
13 | #include <png.h>
+++ |+#include <string.h>
14 |
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:91:33: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen' [-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]
91 | ctx->filename = malloc (strlen (filename) + 1);
| ^~~~~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:91:33: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'strlen'
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:97:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strcpy' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
97 | strcpy(ctx->filename, filename);
| ^~~~~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:97:9: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'strcpy'
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:97:9: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strcpy' [-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:97:9: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'strcpy'
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c: In function 'PNGU_DecodeToRGBA8':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:217:25: warning: implicit declaration of function 'memcpy' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
217 | memcpy (buffer + (y * buffWidth * 4), ctx->row_pointers[y], width * 4);
| ^~~~~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:217:25: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'memcpy'
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:217:25: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memcpy' [-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:217:25: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'memcpy'
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c: In function 'pngu_info':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:850:17: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memcpy' [-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]
850 | memcpy (magic, ctx->buffer, 8);
| ^~~~~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:850:17: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'memcpy'
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c: In function 'pngu_read_data_from_buffer':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:1101:9: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memcpy' [-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]

1101 | memcpy (data, ctx->buffer + ctx->cursor, length);
| ^~~~~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:1101:9: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'memcpy'
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c: In function 'pngu_write_data_to_buffer':
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:1110:9: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memcpy' [-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]

1110 | memcpy (ctx->buffer + ctx->cursor, data, length);
| ^~~~~~
/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/source/libpng/pngu/pngu.c:1110:9: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'memcpy'
stub.S
linking ... Some-YAWMM-Mod.elf
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/11.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: restart.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): multiple definition of `boot2version'; menu.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): first defined here
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/11.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: sys.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): multiple definition of `boot2version'; menu.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): first defined here
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/11.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: video.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): multiple definition of `boot2version'; menu.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): first defined here
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/11.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: wad-manager.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): multiple definition of `boot2version'; menu.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): first defined here
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/11.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: wad.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): multiple definition of `boot2version'; menu.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): first defined here
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/11.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: wpad.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): multiple definition of `boot2version'; menu.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/Users/pakou/Documents/CS_Projects/Some-YAWMM-Mod/Some-YAWMM-Mod.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
(The emoji are derived from the text <colon-open bracket> and idk how to make it not do that)
Thanks again for your time, I hope this is the last problem I come across.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Devnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
to avoid your code turning into emoji's use the code tag
Code:
[code]Like this :)
[/code]
Yeah I thought of that but I wanted to use the spoiler so I don't have a wall of text just hangin' there and for some reason my monkey brain thought these were mutually exclusive.

Reactions: XFlak

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wad.c:76:55: warning: format '%lx' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
Change this line into sprintf(filepath, "/title/%08x/%08x/content/title.tmd", TITLE_UPPER(title), TITLE_LOWER(title));

There's some other warnings similar to this, but you can most likely safely ignore them.

pngu.c:14:1: note: include '<string.h>' or provide a declaration of 'strlen'
Add <string.h> to this line.

powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: restart.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): multiple definition of `boot2version'; menu.o:(.sbss.boot2version+0x0): first defined here
Add u32 boot2version; to this line and then change this line into extern u32 boot2version;

to avoid your code turning into emoji's use the code tag
It's also possible to use the plain tag within a spoiler tag.

Like this :)

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: XFlak

Devnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wow, it compiles now. Thank you so much! I'll try it on my Wii later. Fingers crossed. Should I make a pr with those changes and the part I wanted to change for it to work on the wii mini or do you think Fix94 won't see it at all, since he hasn't been active on github for 2 years?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should I make a pr with those changes and the part I wanted to change for it to work on the wii mini or do you think Fix94 won't see it at all, since he hasn't been active on github for 2 years?
He hasn't been active for a long time, so I wouldn't bother. But if your changes for the Wii mini work then it might be worth pushing all of your changes to a fork.

Devnol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
He hasn't been active for a long time, so I wouldn't bother. But if your changes for the Wii mini work then it might be worth pushing all of your changes to a fork.
Good idea. My changes for the wii mini are like a single line but whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all