Hacking [HELP] CFW 8.1.0 3DS

EndlessNaraku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I have a launch date 3DS with 8.1.0-19E.
What do I have to do to install a CFW and play 3DS roms without a flashcart?

I wasn't able to find a complete tutorial on how to do this...

Thanks.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Whatever: remember back up your nand before upgrade/downgrade.

Update: Just update the console, you can find a game comes with 9.2.0, however you won't get browser with it.
So you may need SKY or OOT or other to get HBL working, and install menuhax, then launch rx or cakes or reinand.
In CFW you can inject the FBI to sysnand, then install browser or other or even just sysupdator with devmode/pastamode to fix what you don't have.

Old 3DS: Downgrade your 3DS first with GW menu (no card is OK). It would be 4.2, so you need a DS flashcart.
New 3DS: What i remember is that NTR to change the link; however since yours is an euro console, you can get a game already.

These two comes with 9.2.0E update: Gardening Mama: Forest Friends, Cooking Mama: Bon Appetit!

Oh you've already have a browser. That's good, there are guys worrying about their 8.1 without browser.
I don't know if you don't need to upgrade/downgrade, and i hope the tutorial could get you through without those risky steps, thus those above get stroke through.

Last edited by Syphurith,
Reactions: kennyhi123

kennyhi123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever: remember back up your nand before upgrade/downgrade.

Update: Just update the console, you can find a game comes with 9.2.0, however you won't get browser with it.
So you may need SKY or OOT or other to get HBL working, and install menuhax, then launch rx or cakes or reinand.
In CFW you can inject the FBI to sysnand, then install browser or other or even just sysupdator with devmode/pastamode to fix what you don't have.

Old 3DS: Downgrade your 3DS first with GW menu (no card is OK). It would be 4.2, so you need a DS flashcart.
New 3DS: What i remember is that NTR to change the link; however since yours is an euro console, you can get a game already.

Wait for me for a while to let me check the 3dsdb for what game you may need.
he don't need a game to update to 9.2, just follow the tutorial

Last edited by kennyhi123,
Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
he don't need a game to update to 9.2
Well then just get into rx and inject FBI, then sysupdater running devmode/pastamode to update it to 9.2
Thus he can have one with homemenuhax and yeah coldboot to emunand.
Just needs to follow the above tutorial... I just did this a week ago, there was no need to downgrade either.
Well i would strikethrough those text. Hope he is lucky and don't need those at all.

Reactions: kennyhi123

EndlessNaraku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the tutorial and everything is working.
However, I am unable to access the eshop on emunand. I get error 022-2634. I can't even update my legit Pokemon game :(

I believe it has something to do with NNID. I unlinked the nands but the NNID information wasn't deleted when I formatted sysnand.

Is there any way to fix this?

D

Deleted-236924

I followed the tutorial and everything is working.
However, I am unable to access the eshop on emunand. I get error 022-2634. I can't even update my legit Pokemon game :(

I believe it has something to do with NNID. I unlinked the nands but the NNID information wasn't deleted when I formatted sysnand.

Is there any way to fix this?

Backup emunand
Go in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ and get the folder for your emunand, rename it and add a few --'s at the end or something, or move it elsewhere on the SD card. If you're not sure which folder it is, look for the bigger one (since you probably have nothing much on sysnand and a lot of games on emunand.)
Boot emunand, go to system settings, system format
Once it's formatted, go to system settings and NNID settings again, log onto your NNID
Restore your emunand backup you made earlier, and put your folder back in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ like it was before (copy it back or remove the --'s you added or whatever you did)

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems easy enough... How do I backup emunand tho?
Also, do I have to remove the SD card when formatting emunand?

There is app that will extract the emunand from SD card. When formatting, you have to have the SD card present as the emuNAND "stays" on the sd card in order for you to boot into emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?