Hacking HELP, Cant get my private header to work.

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So toiday my power save arrived and I began to extract the private header from my original zelda mayoras mask so i could usee it with my Sky3ds. Everything was perfect but I ran into a little problem, it doesnt seem to be a stranger to anyone, its called 002-0123. I have tried literally EVERYTHING!!! I am getting tired, and now I seek help, the hell am I missing? was mayoras mask a bad idea for a header? I am currently trieing to play monster hunter 4 online, and super smash bros, none of those would guive me a break. I know they all are C2, I have checked countless times, on my template I have my private headers and it says that it is set to C2, so does the damn Roms when i check them with the Gateway Rom patcher. I have readed all of the threads that explain what exactly to do at least 5 times each today alone, seriously, what am I missing here?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that every super smash bros on the templete is set to C2. I had this problem where there was a second one set as AE and i just copied the C2xxxxxx over the AE and it worked for me. Also i usually would keep the rom blann with the F's on rom patcher. Setting that is for gateway .3dz online play.

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Make sure that every super smash bros on the templete is set to C2. I had this problem where there was a second one set as AE and i just copied the C2xxxxxx over the AE and it worked for me. Also i usually would keep the rom blann with the F's on rom patcher. Setting that is for gateway .3dz online play.
How can i find the codes for all spuer smash bros and allmonster hunters? I mean its like a 1500 lust there. Also what do you mean leave Fs on the patcher? Should i not mess with it?

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i find the codes for all spuer smash bros and allmonster hunters? I mean its like a 1500 lust there. Also what do you mean leave Fs on the patcher? Should i not mess with it?
You must update or install CFW. Nintendo forces updates to play games online now.

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Also, i used the no ban sky software, cant remember the exact name, to make the template, didnt that watch ALL of the games in the template to be C2?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You must update or install CFW. Nintendo forces updates to play games online now.
You mean that thing that tells you to update the game when you start it? I did that for both games, figured it wouldnt change the outcome.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NoBanNoSky will give EVERY game you write to your Sky3ds your private header, as it patches it to every game in the template.

Try a header from a different cart. Personally, I've had no issues with any of the private headers I've ripped from my carts - they've all worked with every rom I've tried them with.
My 'go to' header was ripped from Sega's 'Shinobi' - a game that has no real online elements - and it works great for everything.

Last edited by duwen,

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NoBanNoSky will give EVERY game you write to your Sky3ds your public header.

Try a header from a different cart. Personally, I've had no issues with any of the private headers I've ripped from my carts - they've allworked with every rom I've tried them with.
My 'go to' header was ripped from Sega's 'Shinobi' - a game that has no real online elements - and it works great for everything.
What do you mean it guives them public header? I tried checking the save of the games to see if my private header was indeed there, and I can tell you that my private header is in it. however I still get the error message.

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is what my Roms look like on the patcher, should I not be messing with this? like, should I been complicating myself and really didnt needed to move anything on this?
Capture.PNG

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need to touch the patcher. I've never had to use it - it's pretty much only useful to Gateway users.
Just apply your header to the template with NoBanNoSky, point diskwriter to your newly patched template, write your roms to the Sky SD.

Last edited by duwen,

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Take a look at the guide I wrote. Sorts it out for you. Tested on my Sky3DS Blue button and works like a charm :-)

https://www.glaciergaming.co.uk/articles/988/how-to-fix-sky3ds-error-code-002-0123
My question to you is, after reading your guide just now, how do i know all of the entrys for super smash? Just to name a game, i get there has to be myltiple entrys, this might be what is bringing me down, i have the code for my rom, but what about the other entrys? It ocured to me, do they share the same entry code? If so do i just keep srarching for them? If not, where do i find the other entry codes?

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
Let's say for example I am using the European version of Smash brothers. The game code for this is CTR-AXCP. So, follow the guide to find out what Manufacturer ID you need.

For arguments sake, let's say it is 45 FA 00 90 (I know it isn't, but I am not near my PC so I can't get what it would be, so just substitute yours in).

You now want to search through your template file for every entry that has the game code "CTR-AXCP" (If your's is different, say you're using a US copy, search for your own game code).

You should see some thing like this:

4970.jpg

Replace the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th pair of numbers with your Manufacture ID that you have found in
Gateway ROM patcher.

Make sure you do this for EVERY entry for CTR-AXCP. And then just save the template.

In order for it to work on your Sky3DS, you will need to backup your saves, remove the games from the card, put the new header on and re-copy the games back onto the card and then restore the saves.

I hope this helps.

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let's say for example I am using the European version of Smash brothers. The game code for this is CTR-AXCP. So, follow the guide to find out what Manufacturer ID you need.

For arguments sake, let's say it is 45 FA 00 90 (I know it isn't, but I am not near my PC so I can't get what it would be, so just substitute yours in).

You now want to search through your template file for every entry that has the game code "CTR-AXCP" (If your's is different, say you're using a US copy, search for your own game code).

4970.jpg

Replace the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th pair of numbers with your Manufacture ID that you have found in
Gateway ROM patcher.

Make sure you do this for EVERY entry for CTR-AXCP. And then just save the template.

In order for it to work on your Sky3DS, you will need to backup your saves, remove the games from the card, put the new header on and re-copy the games back onto the card and then restore the saves.

I hope this helps.
K, i think that is one thing i am missing on doing, i will try as soon as i get home. Will let ya know if i find another problem, thanjs fir the help everyone ^^

Reactions: spkuja

Ichi ainton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

4970.jpg

Gateway ROM patcher.

I hope this helps.
OK, so i am home now again, I see that i need to replace the 5th, 6th,7th and 8th, I know the 5th should be for me C2, however how do I know what to put on the other ones?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I MANAGED TO MAKE IT WORK WQITH SUPER SMASH BVROSNFROVILKNWSEOI;RNJMWOPTGOIMNJR OMGOMGOMG I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY

Reactions: spkuja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1