[Help] Can't dump RomFS with braindump

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by dodori, Dec 5, 2015.

1. dodori
    OP

dodori Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I've been trying this for quite a while now, and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem.

Everytime I try to dump a Game, for example Pokemon Y, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire etc,
    It will work at first, dumping the ExeFS just fine, but when it dumps the RomFS,
    after a RANDOM number of KiBs, and really, it IS random (often fromr 100 000 KiBs to 100 000 0 KiBs), everything stops, the system freezes completeley and I have to turn it off to do anything.
    (I can tell that it freezes, because I can't do the L + R + Down + B Combo to get to the Homebrew Launcher). I am using Ninjhax 2.5 on a 10.3.0.28E firmware on a NEW3DS, if that matters somehow.

I DO have enough space on my MicroSD Card, I have 11GB left on it.
    The cartridges are legit too, no Sky3DS and nothing, they're legit EUR Cartridges.

I'm really struggling to find a solution here, so I hope someone can help me and give me some advice.

Last edited by dodori, Dec 5, 2015
  2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    try backing up everything on your microSD card and format it. this could fix any errors in the file system.

3. dodori
    OP

dodori Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Alright, trying that, My microSD Card has like 3GBs of data on it, I'll back it up and let you know if it worked or not.

EDIT:

It worked! Thanks!
    I should've really thought of that myself though, 'cause it really is such a simple solution.

Last edited by dodori, Dec 5, 2015