Hacking [HELP] Can't boot to SoundHax

Icy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't touched my 3DS in a while and I think the latest EmuNAND that has been installed is RXTools. Anyways,

I'm trying to follow that 3ds.hacks site and followed all the steps needed but I can't boot into SoundHax, I just keep getting a single srvinit() text below the otherapp title (after playing the m4a)

Maybe it's because of my firmware? I'm on 4.5.0E.

I also have an emunand partition on my SD Card, should I remove it first?

I'm trying to run Luma3DS or something (IDK what SoundHax launches honestly), any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you are on 4.5 sysnand (which is between 4.0 and 9.2), you can use classic browserhax (the one that loads .dat arm9 homebrews) to run SafeB9SInstaller.dat directly! Follow the "Browser" method instead of the Soundhax one :)

Icy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I'm kinda lost which one exactly? The only browserhack I know is the gateway site and the Homebrew one with a lot of options.

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it OLD3DS or NEW3DS?
best option for you is to find a guide to install A9LH, and then fallow the "A9LH to B9S" guide.

Last edited by tomx86,

Icy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best option for you is to find a guide to install A9LH, and then fallow the "A9LH to B9S" guide.
Please, please do not do this. One of the main reasons we don't use A9LH anymore is because installing it was so risky and could potentially brick your 3DS.
Will updating my sysnand to 9.2 work?
As long as it includes the right CIA for 3DS Sound, I don't see why not. The link to the CIA pack seems to be broken though.

Icy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I've managed to install Luma3DS, ARM9 and GodMode9, but I am having another problem, my 3ds shows a black screen when I try to run FBI.3dsx using Homebrew Launcher. I've also tried injecting FBI.cia to HS App using GodMode9 but nothing happens, any help?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! I've managed to install Luma3DS, ARM9 and GodMode9, but I am having another problem, my 3ds shows a black screen when I try to run FBI.3dsx using Homebrew Launcher. I've also tried injecting FBI.cia to HS App using GodMode9 but nothing happens, any help?
Do you have the boot.3dsx on your sd root by chance?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only guide you should be using is https://3ds.hacks.guide. You should not be injecting FBI into HS.app. Those are extremely old directions. You should be using B9S (Boot9Strap) and Luma3DS 9.0 or newer.

Icy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only guide you should be using is https://3ds.hacks.guide. You should not be injecting FBI into HS.app. Those are extremely old directions. You should be using B9S (Boot9Strap) and Luma3DS 9.0 or newer.

Yes I am using that website, but I've tried it since I can't open FBI.3dsx through the Homebrew launcher, it just gives me a black screen. All other files I've installed are the latest ones as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have the boot.3dsx on your sd root by chance?
Yes

EDIT: Oops, looks like the fault was the FBI file. It was showing up as 0 bytes for some reason and now it works!

Last edited by Icy,
Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8