Hacking [Help]Cannot select IOS36 during installing cIOS38

iloveu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a little trouble with installing cIOS38rev17. It's a clean 3.1J Wii without any cIOS installed. I just installed Homebrew channel and BootMii (@ boot2) yesterday. I was told to select IOS36 during the installation. But it's not in the list. I can only see IOS4 - IOS35. Which one should I choose? Thanks!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like since your on 3.1 you never had/have ios36 to begin with.Find an app like trucha bug restorer or MMM so you can install ios36

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In this case use IOS35. It doesn't really matter, if the installation works with it, it's good, if the installation doesn't work with a certain IOS, you can just use another.

But you should want to install an IOS36. To be honest i'm a bit surprised you don't get issues because of the missing IOS36.

Oh and you don't have IOS36, because it was added on the 3.2 update.

iloveu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys. Now it makes sense to me if IOS36 was introduced in 3.2 sys menu. I haven't touch that machine for a long long time.

My ultimate purpose is to play new games on USB drive (maybe by Configurable USB Loader). Will installing cIOS38 with IOS35 do the job? It seems to me later on I can install/run other app via IOS249 once cIOS38 is installed. Do I really need IOS36?

Someone told me to try Trucha Bug Restorer. But according to the tutorial, IOS36 needs to be selected during the installation as well. Any workaround?

Sorry for so many question. I'm a newbie and really want to follow the best practice if there is any. Thanks!

iloveu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
harmor said:
You should upgrade to the latest System Menu (which is 4.2) before you mod your Wii.

Thanks, harmor. That's a new idea to me. But I was told not to update through Nintendo, especially 4.2. Meanwhile I've already got HBC and BootMii installed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't need to update, when you use a loader, the system menu or the installed IOS do not matter. With Trucha Bug Restorer it alos doesn't really matter which IOS you select, as long as it works, if not, try another IOS. And since you are on 3.1, you do not need Trucha Bug Restorer, as you do have the trucha bug, but maybe installing a full patched IOS36 as IOS236 will become handy in the future. (then use IOS236 for most stuff where you can select the IOS to use)

iloveu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got something weird here! I just downloaded IOS36 v3351 via NUS Downloader, then installed it via WAD Manager. I thought this one should have the FakeSign. But it hasn't. When I tried to install some other stuff (e.g. cIOS38), I was told it cannot find FakeSign on IOS36.

Then I tried to run FakeSign Restorer (via NUS). ISO15 (v257) was downloaded and installed. But while installing IOS36 (v3351), I kept getting network connection error (I tried tens of times). So I manually downloaded it with NUS Downloader and put on SD (this one should be exactly the same as the one installed previously). Then FakeSign Restorer told me, this IOS36 file cannot be opened.

I'm totally lost with this 3.1J Wii. Can anyone help me out?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You don't need to update, when you use a loader, the system menu or the installed IOS do not matter. With Trucha Bug Restorer it alos doesn't really matter which IOS you select, as long as it works, if not, try another IOS. And since you are on 3.1, you do not need Trucha Bug Restorer, as you do have the trucha bug, but maybe installing a full patched IOS36 as IOS236 will become handy in the future. (then use IOS236 for most stuff where you can select the IOS to use)
But doesn't 4.2 have the advantage of using SDHC cards?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn