Pleb Modding King
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello peeps.
I need some help with a problem.
Can I system transfer all my things from my CFW'd Luma3DS + A9LH O3DS to a stock N3DS?
I plan on buying an N3DS but want to know if I can transfer the things from my hacked O3DS to a fresh N3DS... or should I just Custom Firmware the stock N3DS without transfer then get all my games and homebrew apps back, use JKSM to get saves and port to new 3DS?
Thanks

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can do system transfer, however only stuff you legitimately bought and 1 nonpurchased legit cia will transfer - and you will be forced to update the receiving console

Definitely do mod it first; then yes, manually copying the apps and saves is more flexible

Even for moving your store and/or NNID account, it may be less of a hassle to call/email nintendo with the serial numbers of both consoles and some proof (such as nnid username, recent purchases and approximate dates, registered date of birth...) and just waiting 1-3 days for them to unlock your account for the new console

Last edited by Ryccardo,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need to completely hack the new3DS first. From there you need to do a few things.
1: Make a NAND backup of your old3DS along with a complete SD backup. As well do a complete back up of all of your tickets.
2: Backup your save files
3: System transfer your old3DS to your new3DS
4: Restore your previous NAND/SD contents onto your old system.
5: Your new3DS should have pretty much everything from your old system, expect your games won't show up. This is where your tickets come in handy
6: Store tickets using FBI, it will ask you download them using NUS (IIRC or something like that) just decline that option
7: Most of your games will be restored, but some won't. Why? IDK, ask Batman.
8: Go into the system settings and make not of all of the greyed out games that didn't get restored. The delete them.
9: Re-install those old games and restore their saves.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

ChaosWeeb

Pleb Modding King
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You need to completely hack the new3DS first. From there you need to do a few things.
1: Make a NAND backup of your old3DS along with a complete SD backup. As well do a complete back up of all of your tickets.
2: Backup your save files
3: System transfer your old3DS to your new3DS
4: Restore your previous NAND/SD contents onto your old system.
5: Your new3DS should have pretty much everything from your old system, expect your games won't show up. This is where your tickets come in handy
6: Store tickets using FBI, it will ask you download them using NUS (IIRC or something like that) just decline that option
7: Most of your games will be restored, but some won't. Why? IDK, ask Batman.
8: Go into the system settings and make not of all of the greyed out games that didn't get restored. The delete them.
9: Re-install those old games and restore their saves.

Great thanks so there is profit in doing this! Thanks for answering my question!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Great thanks so there is profit in doing this! Thanks for answering my question!
No problem ^_^ I would like to include that these are the very same steps I used when upgrading my system. So I can confirm that they do work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu