HELP: Button Problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by haipayazoo, Apr 18, 2011.

1. haipayazoo
    OP

haipayazoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2010
    United States
    I have an R4 (a legitamate one) with the latest Wood R4 firmware. I had no problems with it for a LONG time, but, until recently, my L button stopped functioning properly. The L button clicks just fine and only seems to work when I press it hard or differently. I've had this problem before with my previous DS when it worked for a quite a while then suddenly my L button wouldn't function as properly. I've yet to test it on other flashcards or regular DS games.

Can someone else tell me if anyone else has had a similar problem and may know of any kind of solution.

Much appreciated.

2. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Have you tried googling and seeing the myriad of the exact same suggestion of blowing into it -_-"...?

3. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    A lot of people seem to have this kind of problem.
    However because of the quantity of those threads I never read them.
    I'm sure they can be found by using the search function of GBAtemp.

4. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    I had exactly the same problem with my DSi - but on the RIGHT shoulder button

I tried the 'blowing into it' tip & it seemed to work (for a while, well until I switched off/on again) so I went out & brought a can of compressed air - stripped the DSi down & gave the Right Shoulder button a 'good old long blow job'

Since then it's worked every time I switch on now (but to be honest it DOES seem to be a little less responsive than the Left shoulder button)

5. phoenix1234

phoenix1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2010
    over time the microswitches take a pounding and become misaligned, all u need to do is take the back off n give them a gentle push back up towards the trigger..... job done..... dont push too hard tho, u dont wanna snap it off!!!