dsbomb

OP
Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
While brakken has been posting a blog at TehSkeen, since taking down the original site, he's now said it's been primarily because of a money shortage. His post Saturday says it can come back if people donate a little over $400 to provide the needed hosting costs for six months. Help out a good cause.
wub.gif

QUOTE said:
So the total donation amount I am asking for is $441.68. This may seem like a large amount of money, but I believe the goal can be reached if there is enough interest and support by scene members, sites and possibly online stores.
For those who don't know, TehSkeen was home to a lot of Gamecube and Wii modding and homebrew information.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember Tehskeen when I was checking out about modding my GC. Nowadays it seems it's nothing but him posting about bashing PS2NFO and Maxconsole

dsbomb

OP
Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If you've played an emulator on the Wii/Gamecube, chances are it came from people there. Also, the author of the GCOS multi-game utility was there. Their work was also included in the Wiikey config disc (SNES emulator, dumping Wii games to SD card). Work was just starting on an N64 emulator when brakken brought the site down.

What surprised me when I started visiting, was how much stuff was being added to the emulators every week, save states, different compression formats, expanding to read whole DVD5/9 discs, etc. You'd think a simple NES (or whatever) emulator would just sit idle after it works 99% of the time, but people were expanding them quite often.

After he brought the site and forums down, things have stagnated. A few people stop by the Wiinewz forums now and then, but it's not as busy as it was on TehSkeen. I just hope that if it returns, the developers do as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too