Hacking Help! Bricked Wii because I'm an idiot!

Xephyr911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I hacked my Wii so it was down to 3.2U and all that good stuff, Starfall, etc etc.
Then today, like an idiot, I decided to try out the 4.0 Firmware update that said I could keep the Trucha bug.
I did it, and then ran Preloader.
"It'll be fine."
FAMOUS LAST WORDS.

Now my Wii will only show a black screen with the words "System files are corrupted. Please see Owner's Manual on help troubleshooting" (or something like that, the text is all garbled, IDK why).

Needless to say, I totally flipped out and my blood pressure skyrocketed.
So I come to you, members of GBAtemp.
Please help me with my Wii!

mcellycell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure but I think you can still get to your preloader menu if you hold the reset button while turning your wii on. If you can get to that you should be able to get to the homebrew channel and from there you should be able to fix your problem.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you add the hacks.ini file to your sd card root?

If not add it in, make sure it's the ntsc hacks file not the pal one.

If it still doesn't work hold reset while you switch the wii on, preloader should load, from here you can get into the homebrew channel and run any region changer or wad manager (with wad file) to reinstall the system menu

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I did the same but I rescued it by holding reset on boot
launch HBC from preloader then reinstall the waninkoko firmware 4.0, IOS60 patch, etc
everything's back to normal (now also with preloader 0.29)

Xephyr911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, I love you guys SOOOO much!
Thanks for helping me, my Wii is on the road to recovery!
biggrin.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I've learned by watching these forums is that these "safe" 4.0 upgraders are screwing a lot of people over. I've never seen so many OMG I BRICKED MAH WII threads as I have over the past week or two.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So know i just install system289.wad and install everything all over again and all will be good?

oh yeah for some reason the Wii can't read brawl but if you eject the disk and put it back in it'll ask to update so that i can play it which is weird as its an original disk hmm maybe it'll be fixed once i downgrade to 3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?