Hacking [HELP] Big problems with my WII 4.2E

MrGIO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi at all, I'm sorry for my english, that it's pretty basic.
I'll try to explain my problem.
I had a WII 4.1E (with MODCHIP) with bootMii and HBC installed via bannerbomb (with HBC and all apps on a SD of 2GB), i was happy, but when the 4.2E update was realeased i decided to follow THIS guide to keep my wii updated:

(i'll try to translate)

QUOTE said:

1) USE the Safe 4.2 Updater by Zektor via HBC
everything will be auto

2) after the safe4.2 update use DOP-IOS to apply the trucha path at these IOS
IOS70 (Channel SD)
IOS36 (Homebrew Channel)
follow these :
Unrar the folder hbc_dopios_v8 inside sd
Start Dop-IOS using HBC
Select IOS36
PUSH - (minus) to install the old version
Select IOS70
Confirm "YES to install" and "Sig Hash Check"

NOW i have a very big problem.
I followed step by step all the guide. I did everything, nothing wrong..... except the installation of IOS70.
I tried many times, but nothing, i was not able to complete the installation of the IOS.

The WII system menu page shows me the 4.2E version.
I can still play backup DVD, but they are a couple of days that i'm having a lot of problems with my wii and the HBC.

- First of all, when I insert the backup DVD of NSMBW inside my WII, an error appear ( i don't start the game), black screen : the system files are damaged, please blablabla... so i cannot do anything else except to power off my wii and start again.

- Secondly, i decided to install (or to try to install) again the IOS70 using the DOP-IOS app from HBC, but now the app doesn't start anymore, black screen.... and black screen even with NEOGAMMA and WIIFLOW and many freeze with WADmanager 1.5. p.s it is not a problem of my SD because i tried even with an other one and even to re-download again the apps.

Is it possible that all this happend for the wrong installation of IOS70? What do you think i should do?
I don't have a backup of my WII on my BOOTMII so I was thinking to downgrade to 4.1 again and maybe do not use anymore DVD backups but a USBloader.
I would like also to clean my WII and do not have anymore these kind of problems!
Someone said to me to format my WII, but i'm worried to fully brick it and i don't find any guide that could help me step by step.
I was thinking even to buy directly the NSMB but i belive that even the original will not work.

Need a help.
Thanks at all, i'm really a noob with all these IOS
and i truly hate them.

MrGIO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried following the guide of xzxero to downgrade at 4.1
I did a NAND backup with bootmii and i saved on PC and deleted fromSD the bootmii folder and NAND.bin file.
Now when i launch the WADmanager 1.5 and i choose the IOS249 if i push the A button the app freeze.

What can i do?
I'm looking everywhere on this forum... but i don't understand enough about IOS

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds like you have a stub IOS249. How do you update to 4.2?

Ok i just saw that you have used zektors updater. But i would try to reinstall cIOS249 to be sure.

MrGIO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i updated using :
- first v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater by Zektor
- then DOP-IOS to patch IOS36(old version) and IOS70(trucha), but i failed the installation with the last one (ios70).

MrGIO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dmon84 said:
Sounds like you have a stub IOS249. How do you update to 4.2?

Ok i just saw that you have used zektors updater. But i would try to reinstall cIOS249 to be sure.

How? where can i get it?.. should i reinstall cIOS249 even if i'm a pal user?

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just google for cIOS rev14. It has nothing to do with your Wiis region.
You can also try the IOS70 step with PimpMyWii1.3. It's basically the same as dopIOS with some extra features like "test system" and "fix problems" automatically.

MrGIO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i have to change the IOS of the wii?
All this stuff i hate it... really i don't understand if i can update or i have to change something.
But if i do a format of my wii i'll not have it back and clean?

MrGIO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok i'll update my test results :

- I tried to run DOP-IOS from SD using the bannerbomb expoit. But nothing, the WII freeze.
- I tried to run DOP-IOS using HBC but nothing, black screen.
- I tried to ron cIOS rev14 using bootmii, but nothing black sreen.
- I tried to run WADmanager 1.5 using HBC but when i select the ios 249 my wiimote turns off.
- I tried to run NEOGAMMA (last version) using HBC --- black screen

- I didn't try PimpMy wii 1.3.1 because i don't want to mix too much my IOS, i don't know what to do with next updates by Nintendo

WHAT I WANT :
- to return to 4.1E firmware
- to install a USBloader like WiiFlow
- to have a clean wii (it is already HardModded)
- to fix problems with ios70 ans ios249 (if i have them)

WHAT I DON'T WANT :
- to use cIOS, because i'm not able to understand them and fix them with next updates (and i don't have time)
- to take risks.

Should i format my wii to return back? it could help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies