[Help] Arm9loaderhax installing question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Robert McCoy, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Robert McCoy
    OP

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    Okay I have asked this question in an a9lh thread and in the noob questions thread and no has helped or tried to help. Here is the original post:

If anyone could please help me. The part I am most concerned about is using the 10.6 emunand backup on my SD card while running the a9lh.3dsx in my 9.2 sysnand.

2. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    IT should work. Already did it, but don't blame me if it doesnt work

3. Robert McCoy
    OP

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    So you've already tried this? You put your 10.6 emunand backup as NAND.bin in the root of your SD card and ran the a9lh.3dsx installer on your 9.2 sysnand and it installed a9lh to it while installing 10.6 to your sysnand without losing a9lh?

4. A_Random_Guy

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    Yep, Just be careful. It will restore the nand backup first and it will patch it

5. Robert McCoy
    OP

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    I do have a safe way of installing a9lh to a clean 9.2 and just updating that to 10.7 using AuReinand but if I do it that way I'll lose all of my .cia installed games that were in my emunand, and have to redownload them which could take a long time to do.

6. A_Random_Guy

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    You could just extract the CTRnand of emunand and inject it to sysnand

• boot Decrypt9 however you want, even directly from a9lh if you're using the latest release
    • Go to emuNAND options and dump CTRNAND
    • Go to sysNAND options and dump CTRNAND (make sure not to overwrite the emuNAND CTRNAND)
    • flash the emuNAND CTRNAND into sysNAND
    • flash the sysNAND CTRNAND into emuNAND
    • ???
    • Profit
    By @dark_samus3

Last edited by A_Random_Guy, Mar 17, 2016
  7. Robert McCoy
    OP

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    The last time I tried that it made my eShop stop working and it made my 3ds unable to connect to any wifi. That nand swap technique is not fullproof :/