Hacking HELP: Acekard 2i "An error has occurred"

coolmariners98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased the acekard 2i from dealxtreme.com and here are the steps I have taken:

1) I formatted the microSD card (SanDisk) with the Panasonic SD Formatter to format to FAT32
2) Loaded the microSD card with the latest release from acekard.com. Put the __ak2 folder and the akmenu4.nds file in the root of the microSD card. There currently is NOTHING else on the card except for this basic files in the download, I have since added 1 game to it to see if it would work and no dice.
3) I added tape to the back of the acekard 2i to ensure the pins are touching.
4) When I click on the acekard icon to load the cart I get the error message: "An error has occurred, please turn your system off and try turning it on again."

The acekard firmware is ver. 4.17 and the ndsi firmware is 1.3u. Is there something I am missing, or doing wrong? If so, please let me know. Please don't flame me or tell me to go read the forums, I already searched. If this is answered elsewhere please post the link then close the thread.

coolmariners98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, I currently don't have a DSL I can test on, but will try to get a hold of one. Any other things I can do in the meantime?

coolmariners98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When viewing the acekard the official text is:

Acekard 2i
www.acekard.com

Funny thing about it is that the same thing pops up regardless of whether or not I have the microSD in the cart, is this normal?

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is your system's language set on english? Without the firmware patch, it won't work otherwise.

Seeing as it doesn't even get to loading, it shouldn't be the uSD or what's on it imo. Try to test it out on a DS(L) from a friend orso .. maybe card is just faulty :?

coolmariners98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system's language is set to English
I have updated the NDSi via an internet connection
I have also the most updated version of the the acekard firmware loaded on the microSD
I can gain access to a DSL most likely in the next couple days, but I am starting to think that there is an issue with communication from the acekard to the microSD, the only reason I believe this to be true is because the icon on my screen says Acekard 2i before the load, if it were the 2.1, it would say Acekard 2.1. Figures I get a lemon.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it was the uSD, most likely it would be stuck on/at "Loading" or at least display it briefly... and then say something like "Can't find loaders" orso ... seems this is an error from the DSi itself (can't read) to the acekard, not the acekard to the uSD.

Maybe try to clean the contacts of the card?

coolmariners98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried reformatting (deletes everything) several times now, and can assure that it is FAT32 and is squeaky clean. If someone wouldn't mind attempting to load up their acekard w/o a microSD and tell me the results, it would be greatly appreciated.

I tried removing the tape, but note that the initial attempt was also conducted w/o tape, still no luck
frown.gif
. Is there a way to improve the connection between the microSD and the acekard?

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Without uSD inserted ... shows icon in menu (blue AK2 logo) with the 2i text next to it. After booting it will show up "loading" in blue letters and is stuck there.

- Oops, using AKaio (latest), but should be similar with the loading part.

coolmariners98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, mine never loads, it just goes straight to the black screen. Maybe a problem with my DSi? I loaded Pokemon Pearl earlier this week, but that's been the only game. I'll try it again tomorrow (friend's DSi) and report back with the info. Hope to god it's not the DSi.

coolmariners98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here is a recap of all the steps taken, so anybody who is new can be up to date on the situation:

I have an acekard 2i that I purchased from dealxtreme.com
I have a SanDisk microSDHC 8GB that is fully functional (works on PC)
I have a Nintendo DSi that is fully functional, runs games perfectly

Steps taken:
Formatted the microSDHC with Panasonic Formatter to FAT32
Loaded the latest official ak2 firmware with nothing but the __ak2 folder and the .nds file in the root
I have tried to load on a NDS Lite and it doesn't work get (Loading) screen
I have tried to load on a NDSi and it doesn't work get (An error has occurred) screen

Current Status:
The cart loads up and appears as an icon on my browser, but then after clicking on it, it goes straight to "An error has occurred . . " screen

Please, if anyone knows of a possible solution, or fix, do not hesitate to post. Thank you.

Schadrach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in an almost identical situation, except my SDHC card is Kingston.

I've gotten it to work -- twice -- by cramming a piece of heavy card stock in like people talk about using paper or tape, but it then stops working again after a bit. It's also difficult to get the cart in and out with that in there, so I'm not thinking it's a contact issue.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely a contact issue as it's with the DSi itself. If it was an error with the Acekard, it would say. No matter if you have an SD card in it or not, it will still show up on the DSi Menu as it has inbuilt firmware. Make sure the contacts are clean, the contacts in the DSi are clean and that the contacts are in a straight line and the green bit is near the bottom (about 5mm away).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hii