Help about New 3DS XL 11.7

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by robertus, Sep 30, 2018.

1. robertus
    OP

robertus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Italy
    Hi everybody,

I have my New 3DS XL with 11.7 but I don't understand how to get a mod without ban.

Because I see all tutorials, and ask to update to 11.8 (last official firmware).

I didn't know if I can update games with 11.8 without ban.

Before to do something,I want to ask you, to get a better way.

Thanks in advance

2. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    There are no insta-bans on 3DS. You obviously have that risk (of getting banned) but firmware version likely doesn't affect it. Don't worry about updating.

Last edited by NFates, Sep 30, 2018
    robertus and TurdPooCharger like this.
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    You aren't going to get banned for updating/hacking your system with the OFW 11.8. The only thing they added was a ticket check for games being installed via sleep mode, which is no longer an issue because they then followed it up by blocking the any method (freeShop) were such issue would be a concern. (Nintendo blocked freeShop's access to the eShop and thus the ticket check is no longer an issue.)
    Hacking your system will always come with an extremely slim of chance being banned (there was one wave, but we can't predict the cause nor if will happen again.) Regardless you are safe to update to 11.8 and hack your system.
    Your best bet is update and use frogminer to hack your system.

robertus and NFates like this.