[HELP] About my weird N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MiZ J0K3R, Jun 16, 2016.

1. MiZ J0K3R
    OP

MiZ J0K3R GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2015
    Hello guys i am here begging for help!
    I was following step-for-step this video

But in the begin from 16:10 i tried the same thing too, i just clicked to run reiNand but didn t work!
    Just loaded the image and returned to coldboot! (the purple screen) and after trying again just freezed in red screen!

So idk why this happens!

About my N3DS

Is a 9.1. jp fw downgraded from 10.3! I downloaded the newest version from all files too!

If someone know what i am doing wrong tell me please! Cuz i don t have experience with 3DS!

2. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Sorry, but you're posting in the wrong section. This section is dedicated to ROM hacking (hacking games to do cool shit). If you're going to ask a question regarding CFW, please post to the "Flashcards and Custom Firmwares" Nintendo 3DS Section.

3. OldGlass

OldGlass GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    Wrong section, but ay, everyone makes mistakes.
    Anyway, people told me to never ever follow video guides because they are mostly outdated and can lead to a brick or an error.
    The best way for you to install CFW is to follow Plailect's guide.

wormdood and MiZ J0K3R like this.
  4. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Redscreen? Reminds me of what happens when you brick a Kindle Fire HD xD. But, it does seem that you have soft-bricked your 3DS; and to my knowledge, you can't recover from a Brick, if there is, then please correct me.

5. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    menuhax is probably loading in emunand (after you load reinand or whatever), and you're trying to load reinand while in reinand. that's not going to work.

also please do not use video tutorials, they usually get outdated quickly. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

wormdood, MiZ J0K3R and Dr.Hacknik like this.
  6. MiZ J0K3R
    OP

MiZ J0K3R GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2015
    Understood, well i just want to hack my N3DS to create Cheat Codes for 3DS, i don t want to play pirate games via .cia just to cheat stuff :/

7. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    that's all fine, but you'd still want custom firmware for cheats and things. you can still use game cards, and buy games from the eShop, just like normal. :)

MiZ J0K3R and wormdood like this.