Help a No0b. On 3.3, backup launch help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Cracked egg, Nov 3, 2008.

Nov 3, 2008
  1. Cracked egg
    OP

Newcomer Cracked egg Member

United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Knew i would have to sign up sooner or later to get where i need to get.

Got hbc.9 installed and am on PAL with a 3.3 update (stupidly updated without thinking!!!)

HBC seems to be fine but like many im getting errors when trying to install wads.

Have read some where in the region of 400 forum pages to find the knowledge to dig myself out but to no avail.

With so much information being circulated i feel totally lost amongst it all and really dont know what i should be doing in terms of getting my wiigator0.3 to work.

have backed up an iso of scarface and when launched i the 'over laying text - error' from the launcher. have tried various settings etc.

tried the launcher with a non backed-up game and the game loaded so all is installed right to my knowledge.

Have recently downloaded to my PC...

Scrubber
    wadman 1.3
    3.3u update fix
    15/16 patcher
    wadmanergerios16

put wadman1.3 on the sdhc and renamed to 'boot.dol' , 1.3 starts but i get a '2011' error when i click to install backup channel.

Sorry for sounding like the noob that i am to all this but am struggling to pick out the specific information to my needs even though others seem to be having the same issues.

as for googling the pink fish/backup disc i can only seem to source the 'ntsc' version but im on PAL so didnt DL.

so to narrow it down,

Ive got the Twilight hack installed no worries.
    HBC beta9 installed no worries.

Back up launcher boots up but on launching my back up of scarface i get the 'overlaying text error'

wii update with 3.3

So how do i get backup working with 3.3 PAL?

Sorry if this isnt enough information so feel free to pester me for more info so i can get this sorted.

Many thanks.

Just like to re-iterate that ive spent the last week reading thread after thread after thread since i updated to 3.3 but cant seem to find the IDIOTS guide that i seem to need.

Sorry and thanks for any help you guys may push my way.

2. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    You can always use waninkiko's downgrader, there's quite a few tutorials explaining how to do it successfully even if you fail the first time.

3. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom

Any particular version of downgrader that i need with PAL 3.3?

thanks for swift reply.

Are other users all downgrading as im sure i read that users are still using these apps without the downgrade?

4. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland

check out the files in my signture for the update fix - it should help you out... dont just click and download , work out what the hint is saying as well [​IMG]

5. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom

[​IMG]

will have a little play n get back if need be.

cheers Taz for helping as i see your a bit of a legend in these areas.

[​IMG]

6. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    OK, Got myself back onto 3.2E again, so thats a good start i guess [​IMG]

Managed to install the stuff that i was advised to as far as i can see.

Can now see the 'Back up channel' installed and also 'Wad manager channel'

Also installed wiigator .3 wad

On quick mess about with back up disc in both 'Wiigator' in HBC and the 'Back up channel' i get the error text that overlays so making it hard to read, '????? ????? DVDI'

Maybe i need to further investigate the correct burning method/format or find the thread relative, for now ill go digging the forum but if anyone has any ideas in the meantime feel free to fill me in on any info.

Cheers Taz, Really not sure how i got through all that last lot but all became relative in the end [​IMG]

7. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    Couple of questions i could do with answering of possible please.

1. Now ive downgraded to 3.2E do i need to do the 'Safe 3.3u' update as it says? ive not done it as ive just got myself off the bad N3.3E update, so just wanted this confirmed for as it sounds wrong for me to downgrade then upgrade again.

2. original backup disc i tried was in nero and got error so burnt 'udf', seems this is wrong? am now trying a patched disc being burnt with imgburn, and will also try an un-patched disc. do i need to patch or not? or is that relative to each game etc? or relative to the launcher?

3. the backup 0.3 instructions state for me to install dvdx, but im sure i read this is not necessary with this release. so what is right and what is wrong?

4. am on IOS36. is this wrong, am guessing i gotta change it? any pointers?

Am slowly getting their and understanding a fair amount of what im doing/reading but just needing them last few hurdles to jump over to get me where i need to be.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

8. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    BUMP.

Anyone?

should i be on IOS36 to run back up launcher/channel?

after changing a few settings in backup config i get to a red error screen.

thanks

9. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
  10. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

You've posted 5 times in a row. Wow.
    There is a tuturial, everything is there and you can ask questions beter their then opening a new topic.
    next time please search!

11. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    ive used the tutorials

ive used the search.

sadly im stuck where i am and asked for help because i require some help. isnt really rocket science to work that one out, so thanks for being so helpful in pointing out the obvious and going off topic/out of your way to be unhelpful.

ive got ISO36 at the moment.

when i run a game it either sticks at loading but doesnt load or with the other launcher it goes to red screen 'read your user manual'

3.2E wii system

Scarface didnt work patched on either loader/launcher so not sure if im set correctly or not.

staring an original game from launcher works but am guessing it would do that anyway and spose it points the launcher working (????)

am trying a backup of my fifa 09 game as i see that works on all platforms.

did the dvdx, selected normal for non modded. reuslt = ISO36 - is that correct or not?

anyone who cares to take the time to be helpful id be very much appreciated.

Thank you

12. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    1. Safe update only really updates the shopping channel - if you dont use that u dont need it
    2. Dont patch a disc - use imgburn or nero to burn the ISO by right clicking and OPEN WITH one of them programs.
    3. You dont need dvdx for launcher 0.3 but i havent seen you installing cIOS249 which you do need
    4. You dont need to change it so to speak , but you need to add an additional Custom IOS ( cIOS ) to the system - thats in the latest zip i have with a simple how to walkthrough.

Your doing well explaining things - but your better off ignoring those that annoy you if your looking for help [​IMG]