Hacking Help a lazy guy out...

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me which firmware they were using the use after free?
Pretty sure it can be reused to gain kernel code execution.
I'm gonna guess they mitigated it the same as everyone else did....(which can be handled)
I want to take a solid go at it but am feeling too lazy right now to search for it....(in 45 minutes or so I guess I'll go looking for it myself)
(this is not an April fools prank......reason there is no "guarantee of exploit" Just a question I guess I am too lazy to find the answer myself)
Use after free by the way overflows a usage field to force it to wrap back to 0.
It causes the kernel to leak and frees the object. (blah blah blah google it if you don't already know how it is used)
Anyway it is mitigated but very poorly, as in we can get around the mitigation.
This is where it may get fun.....(don't worry MN1 we will credit you for the initial exploit we just wanna reuse some of it.....That is if anything comes of it...)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone tell me which firmware they were using the use after free?
Pretty sure it can be reused to gain kernel code execution.
I'm gonna guess they mitigated it the same as everyone else did....(which can be handled)
I want to take a solid go at it but am feeling too lazy right now to search for it....(in 45 minutes or so I guess I'll go looking for it myself)
(this is not an April fools prank......reason there is no "guarantee of exploit" Just a question I guess I am too lazy to find the answer myself)
Use after free by the way overflows a usage field to force it to wrap back to 0.
It causes the kernel to leak and frees the object. (blah blah blah google it if you don't already know how it is used)
Anyway it is mitigated but very poorly, as in we can get around the mitigation.
This is where it may get fun.....(don't worry MN1 we will credit you for the initial exploit we just wanna reuse some of it.....That is if anything comes of it...)
Can you repeat this more concisely and in English please?

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't you the one claiming that the kernel exploit was fake, and could develop a IBM command out of garbage?
Nope, always stated the kernel exploit will always get patched and is temporary.
Never made claims to building anything out of garbage. I did pictures of encrypted ios though. Also posted screenshots of a window 7 pc connected to a wii u...But nobody seemed to care about learning.... Everyone seemed to only be hyped about kernel level. So, I am asking a question but now have my answer if a mod feels the need they can close this. I got off my e-ass and figured it out myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)