[Help] 3ds xl does not recognize my SD card

titi_czar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got this sd card which was corrupted after I removed it from the 3ds and plugged it into the PC. After solving the problem and recovering the sd card and all its files, I put it into my console. Now, when I boot up my 3ds it just doesn't recognize any of my files (games, themes, etc.) and says "Creating files for the sd card..." I don't think it's related to a problem with the sd reader, as it worked just a few minutes back. What's the problem here? How can I solve it?

(Btw, the sd card is formatted to fat32)

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect that your SD card was corrupted and when you used the PC to fix the issue, some of the files in the folder "Nintendo 3DS" ware removed as a result of the PC trying to re-link the blocks. That probably made that folder invalid, so when you plug the SD back into the 3DS, it created another folder under the "Nintendo 3DS" folder. If you look in there, you'll probably find more than one folder with names containing a bunch of hex digits. All your installed games are probably now in the old folder and are being ignored by the 3DS. If you don't have a backup of that SD card, I'm not sure how much you can do to restore that. If I were you, I'd replace that card right away and re-install the games. That card is old or is defective, and chances are it will fail again. May be someone in this forum will have other ideas.

titi_czar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looking in the Nintendo 3DS folder, there's only one folder with the hex numbers. But you might be right. Before I replace the card, is there any way to recover my game saves through the PC?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking in the Nintendo 3DS folder, there's only one folder with the hex numbers. But you might be right. Before I replace the card, is there any way to recover my game saves through the PC?
Your 3ds folder is going to have a ID0 and a ID1 folder. both with a 32 digit string.

titi_czar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep. It got that. But looking further upon the folders I found this. Looks like the sd is invalid after all...

Attachments

• 3dsfolder.JPG
    3dsfolder.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 55

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that looks pretty bad. Don't think that's recoverable. That's one reason why I use JKSV to dump all my saves every now and then, and keep the files off of the 3DS.

chilipepper1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I got this sd card which was corrupted after I removed it from the 3ds and plugged it into the PC. After solving the problem and recovering the sd card and all its files, I put it into my console. Now, when I boot up my 3ds it just doesn't recognize any of my files (games, themes, etc.) and says "Creating files for the sd card..." I don't think it's related to a problem with the sd reader, as it worked just a few minutes back. What's the problem here? How can I solve it?

(Btw, the sd card is formatted to fat32)
i have the same issue, so the solution is to by a new card?

Reactions: zxr750j

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reformat and following the guide preparing the sd-card usually works (losing everything), though you have to start from a blank sheet: So downloading the sd-files etc. I would suggest do a backup after all runs well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)