[HELP!] 3DS doesn't turn itself on??

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by sanitycindy, Aug 7, 2018.

1. sanitycindy
    OP

sanitycindy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2018
    Korea, South
    Hello, I have been using my 3DS (New 2DSL) fairly well with CFW and games.

Then I tried to put in some data by turning it off and connecting the SD card to PC, then I put the SD card into 3DS and turned it on.

Then, weirdly, the blue right comes on but the screens are black and nothing happens.

I waited and waited and nothing changes... and I turned it off and turned it on again, still same.

I checked the SD card and it isn't broken. All the data is there.

I tried to turn on as godmode9, but the same black screen.

This never happened to me before and I wish somebody can give me some good advise to fix it...

2. Tyty221766

Tyty221766 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2018
    France
    Hi, when you used the SD card did you touched to the "Nintendo 3ds" file ? And also what is the firmware version of your n2ds ?

3. Bluespheal

Bluespheal GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2016
    Mexico
    does the console make a popping sound when it turns off, or does it fade in and out? if it's the former, it's probably a loose ribbon cable inside, which you can fix yourself, if it's the latter, it seems the console can't find the boot.firm file in your SD card.

4. Tyty221766

Tyty221766 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2018
    France
    Also, have you done the 11.8 update ? (If not it's a good thing)

5. sanitycindy
    OP

sanitycindy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2018
    Korea, South
    No I didn't. I just tried to put some new .cia files in cia folder. I don't remember the firmware version, but I didn't update the recent one, I am sure...

Now I can turn it on by not putting in the SD card and when the menu appears I put the SD card. I am not sure if it's okay to keep doing this though...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I didn't. Is there will be a problem if I update it?