Hardware [Help] 2DS with CFW having problems with SD card

Churraso4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I come to you because I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing seems to help in my case. I recently tried busting out my 2ds again after years of not using it, and I was playing a game I had there (not in a cartridge), and I had a lot of issues after I turned it off. The 2DS wouldn't turn on again anymore. I looked for a lot of help online and I was able to get it to boot again, only when the SD card was inserted, and only with a very specific Luma (I tried installing the newest Luma on my SD card but it won't turn on). The version of Luma that works is Luma 7.0.5, any other one I tried wouldn't boot up. Also the 2DS won't boot with no SD card inserted.

What I mean by not booting up, is that the blue light turns on and then turns off again, and the screen doesn't turn on at all. Also another weird thing is that when I try changing the Luma version, and I insert the SD card into the 2DS, and then it inevitably fails to load, when I try to insert it back into my PC, the SD card says it needs to be formatted for Windows to read it? Also my SD card will obviously be read (As the 2DS won't turn on without it), but when it boots to the home screen, the 2DS will say "Could not detect an SD card. The software on the SD card could not be displayed". However like I said, the 2DS will only turn on with the SD card in the slot, so it's obviously working.

I also tried buying a new SD card and it was actually fine when I put the Luma files in it, (The 2ds wouldn't say it couldn't read the SD cad when it would boot up) but I tried putting some cias (FBI and Homebrew Launcher) and the files for GM9, and it then it gave me the same error: wouldn't turn on and then when I took to my PC it would say it needs to be formatted. I put the exact same files as I have in the old SD card, but now it says the 2ds couldn't detect an SD card when I boot it up again, so I'm back to square one.

Also I cannot get godmode9 to start at all.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different sd card. Other times ig you could copy all of your files off the sd card (and i mean all of them) and reformat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also sometimes (this happens alot with my 3ds xl) 3ds's can be insanely stingy of what sd card it wants to work with. Id say use full sized sd cards, not micro sd card adapters.

Churraso4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I already did that though I bought a new SD card, put the contents of the old SD card in the new one, and after a couple boots, it started acting exactly the same.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I already did that though I bought a new SD card, put the contents of the old SD card in the new one, and after a couple boots, it started acting exactly the same.

Also the new SD card I bought is a micro one, but the old one is a standard SDHC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."