Hello, PC part help.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by kougerai, Apr 6, 2013.

Apr 6, 2013

Hello, PC part help. by kougerai at 8:22 PM (329 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kougerai
    OP

Newcomer kougerai Advanced Member

United States
    Hello, I am Gryffen, and I have a question to ask,

A few months ago on January 25th my apartment burnt down, my family and pets go out safely,

Now my question is I have been able to recover pretty much all my electronics and get them in working order, but when I was cleaning my CPU heat-sink and fan from the soot and smoke damage the plastic had become very brittle and a fin or two shattered, And I need a replacement heat-sink and fan, one that will fit this,
    Motherboard
    Manufacturer Intel Corporation
    Model D975XBX2 (J3E1)
    Chipset Vendor Intel
    Chipset Model i975X
    Chipset Revision A0
    Southbridge Vendor Intel
    Southbridge Model 82801GB (ICH7/R)
    Southbridge Revision A1

2. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Pretty sure that's LGA 775, so any cooler that fits that should work. You can pick up a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 for around twenty-five bucks, and it'll function way better than the annoying stock Intel cooler.

3. kougerai
    OP

Newcomer kougerai Advanced Member

United States
    Oh, Ok I have asked many people about that before and they never gave me a proper answer.

4. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    CPU coolers go by socket type, some fit many sockets, some fit hardly any. Just find a cooler that fits your socket type. You could probably replace your stock cooler for cheap on ebay, but I hate the stock intel coolers with a passion, such a pain in the ass to install and remove.