Hello from China

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Retrospectives, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Retrospectives
    OP

Retrospectives Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    Switzerland
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to say hello since I am new here and therefore I wanted to present myself.
    I am 33 years old female and I live in China and I have always been a big fan of handheld gaming.

I have owned everything from more common systems as the original DMG to the GBL, GBA and rather obscure consoles such as the GP2X from Korea to the Dingoo (which probably was the worst handheld I ever came across but hey!)

Right now I am running my own business related mainly to 8-bit gaming at Ebay:

I registered here to discuss gaming and such things. But also if someone would be interested in different flash carts such as the EZ-Flash IV or Everdrives then please send me a PM since we also stock these ^^

Anyway, thanks from me. Hope to discuss and find many information about gaming related things (especially GBA) here. Thanks!

GotKrypto67 and Tomato Hentai like this.
  2. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Oh, welcome to Gbatemp!, it is definitely nice to hear another fellow who shares a liking for Nintendo GBA games, i remember having good times with that handheld, specially with the Mario & Luigi game, and also, a Beyblade game which i played a LOT, good times indeed, anyway, enjoy your time in Gbatemp, there are plenty of things to talk here, so, always go ahead!.

3. Retrospectives
    OP

Retrospectives Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    Switzerland
    Thanks! Yeah man I hear you on that one!

GBA SP is my all time handheld system. So compact, and the folding screen made it so much more easy to carry around without having to worry about scratching the screen. It was really a good device and with PocketNES and other Emus it could easily be used for a whole bunch of things such as games for other platforms haha. Indeed, great times,

4. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    You cannot use GBAtemp to advertise your ebay shop. It is against the terms of service that you agreed to.

5. LittleFlame

LittleFlame Thinks he's better than all of you

Jan 30, 2015
    Netherlands
    That one place
    welcome to temp you'll start coming here casually and soon you'll spend every free moment here

Seriel likes this.
  6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
  7. Bubsy Bobcat
    This message by Bubsy Bobcat has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 1, 2015, Reason: spam.
    Dec 1, 2015
  8. Jay Clay

Jay Clay GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    NiHao! :)

9. Retrospectives
    OP

Retrospectives Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    Switzerland
    Thanks guys for the warm welcomes!
    Indeed, the GP2X were indeed a good little machine. Everything was very sturdy except for the quality of the LED display which unfortunately broke rather quickly. Besides that, it was awesome haha.

10. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    The GP2X F100/F200 screen was LCD and didn't have any problems with breaking. I have a few of them, and the screens are still fine after 10 years with a lot of use. The GP2X Wiz on the other hand has an OLED screen which suffers with pixel rot over time. Shame really, as it's a beautiful screen.

11. Retrospectives
    OP

Retrospectives Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    Switzerland
    Indeed. I had the WIZ but I know that in Korea the F-series were quite popular as a reading device (to some extent). Shame indeed. I heared that the screen could be replaced by the manufacturer but I think they were already out of business/production when I owned one. Anyway it was really a great device. Just slightly bigger than the GBA Micro and the emulation (especially SNES) was wonderful if I remember it correctly, hehe.