Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Arras, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Arras
    OP

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I'm new, and I thought it a good idea to post an introduction here before doing anything else.

I'm a 15-year old guy from the Netherlands. I actually visited GBAtemp quite frequently before joining, but for some reasen I never felt like creating myself an account.
    I own a DS Lite + R4 + EZ3-in-1, a Wiikey2'd + softmodded (I found out about that much later [​IMG] ) Wii and a PS3 (although I rarely use that, I prefer Wiiïng(Wiïng? Wii-ing?)). I might buy myself a 3DS if I can get the money.
    Current gaming milestones: Cleared Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (sure, I used save states, but it's hard even with those; I think I died about 500 times [​IMG] Level start! *2 seconds pass* Dead. And again. And again.), 242'd the original Galaxy (no cheating!), cleared ALL Ace Attorney games ans spinoffs, and... Maybe more things I forgot about.

Oh, and I use these () things a lot. (Weren't they called brackets?) And my English isn't all that great.

I can't create homebrew or do things like that. My current project is making a NSMB mod, but I'm probably gonna need some help with that. [​IMG]

2. CamulaHikari

CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Jul 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Chocolate Factory~<3
    Welcome to the temp~! Hope you enjoy your stay here~! :3

And YAY More Dutch people :3

3. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    Well, technically () are parentheses but everyone calls them brackets anyway. [​IMG]
    These are real brackets []
    But whatever. [​IMG]

Welcome to GBAtemp, and don't worry, I can't create homebrew either. [​IMG]

4. Arras
    OP

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Thank you [​IMG]
    Dutch people are (usually) cheapos, which is why they come here, I guess [​IMG]

5. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Welcome to GBAtemp. I hope you enjoy your stay.

6. haflore

haflore aeternaliter fluxa

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Hello, welcome to GBAtemp.net!!
    It's good to meet you, I'm haflore. [​IMG]

The List! v1.4
    Last updated: Tuesday, September 26, 2010

7. Arras
    OP

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Ooh, a guide. I might read it, but it's kind of long, and most of the rules are obvious anyway. [​IMG]

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Kneel before the Queen

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Hey [​IMG] Cat boy here and threatening as always! [​IMG]
    Something something...Angry Bear Cavalry...something something...if you break the rules...
    Enjoy your stay! [​IMG]

9. Arras
    OP

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Thank you [​IMG] And I'll try to behave, I don't want an Angry Bear Cavalry after me, that'd be bad [​IMG]

I also wanted to ask something: How do I edit the text below my avatar that says Newbie? I know it should be possible, but I don't know how and the guide doesn't say how to do that either...

10. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
    Welcome to GBAtemp, you can edit the text when you get 500 posts.

11. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    Quite true.
    I'd say 75-80% of the people here don't even have a single warn.

Welcome to the group!

*takes the newcomer aside*
    By the way, I think you might have wiied a little on your shoe.

12. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Welcoem Temper, just be cool with them and they won't treat you like a n00bie. Really, you can be easily popular just by following the rules and taking Chazzy's advice.

13. Arras
    OP

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Huh. I'm having some major GBAtemp problems right now. The main site gives me an
    IPB WARNING [2] memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) (Line: 89 of /ips_kernel/class_cache_memcache.php)

, the news subfora gave me an
    IPB WARNING [2] memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) (Line: 89 of /ips_kernel/class_cache_memcache.php)
    IPB WARNING [2] mysqli_query() [function.mysqli-query]: (HY000/1194): Table 'ibf_topic_markers' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (Line: 719 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysqli_client.php)

IPS Driver Error
    There appears to be an error with the database.
    You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

The error returned was (1194): Table 'ibf_topic_markers' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM ibf_topic_markers WHERE marker_member_id=262066

Yeah! It should be repaired!

But my intro thread still works! [​IMG]
    EDIT: Actually, it seems to be the only working thread for me >_>
    EDIT2: No, all threads still work, only the indexes seem to be broken... So that makes it kinda hard to access threads >_>