hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sir_seagill, Jun 23, 2009.

Jun 23, 2009

hello everyone by sir_seagill at 11:38 AM (738 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sir_seagill
    OP

Newcomer sir_seagill Member

Australia
    Hi everyone, thought I'd say hi and check to see if I'm in the right place.

I have a Japanese Wii (don't ask me why, it's a long story) and don't understand much Japanese (only from watching anime) and so I'm very greatful for the Wii Region Patcher Compatibility List for NTSC-J which I've been using for a while now. I also want to contribute some of my own findings, but I'm not sure what to do about the game ids.

Anyways, I recently got 2 wii motion plus attachments, though the compatibility list doesn't seem to have been updated recently and so I wish to discuss with others methods of getting more games in English working on the Jap wii. Is that ok?

thanks again and hello world~

sir_seagill

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Welcome

there are apps that can let you change your wii's region to ntsc-u or pal. But they're a little dangerous

anyways, enjoy the site!

3. vergilite

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    yo [​IMG]
    i suggest go for the risky apps that allow you to change the region but use bootmii to backup your nand flash
    when your nice and safe you can try some of the region changing apps and if they work then bravo you would have a ntsc-u wii [​IMG]

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Yeah, see if you can install bootmii as boot2 if you can, do a nand backup, and then install an english system menu. It should be pretty easy, but I'm not sure about the exact easiest method these days... might be as easy as grabbing using anyregionchanger and a few button presses.

5. sir_seagill
    OP

Newcomer sir_seagill Member

Australia
    I think I'm too paranoid to try something like that. I'm happy to mod the games so they work on the Jap wii: I just gotta figure out what to do.

This community seems active. I think I'll enjoy my stay here

6. Tinterneter1987

Newcomer Tinterneter1987 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey there the names rob. nice to meet you guys this place seems active every day and so on so i think i will enjoy my stay here i have a wii with wiikey 2 installed works awsome be nice to chat to you guys about gaming and fun stuff that boys talk about lol my girlfriend dont understand so... iv come to the cyber world yay!!! hehe anyway i like making new friends over the internet to talk to about the same interests as me gaming internet. technology, gadgets pc s laptops oh yeah wii gaming and other fun stuff i hope i enjoy my stay here .... cheers all talk to you around here.[​IMG](Y).

7. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Hello and welcome to GBAtemp.net. Enjoy your stay!