Hello and help

nintendopower64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So friday i decided....free wii games. so i downloaded the homebrew channel. everything is working as i thought. so i burned a copy of pokempn battle revolution from imgburner. the burner said everything was fine and all that. so i popped the disk out. the probelm i cant run the DVD-R disk on my wii becuase i need some sort of back up loader...which i cant seem to do right. and now the whole thing is puzzling me.

is there someway a nice person here can help me out....all i want do is play my burned wii game without modchipping my wii...and all yesterday i ran back and forth with my sd card, trying every possible program to run the DVD-r....help

i just want some good help becuase between links, youtube and google i cant take it anymore....

I just want a good straight-fporward list of instructions step by step and links to get the stuff to do this......im sure oyu guys and girls can feel my pain......

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Just downloading the homebrew channel won't get you to play illegally downloaded games
rolleyes.gif

Also, if your Wii is a newly bought Wii, be careful as it might have a DVD drive that doesn't read copied discs.

Everything you need is here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

nintendopower64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want a link to a other topic.....ive tried it. i bought my wii in 2007 and i was dumb enough to upgrade it to 4.2u.

and ive allready looked at that guide yesterday as a non member....it didnt help

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you actually try it?

For backup launchers to work, you need to install a cIOS
And before you can do that, you need a trucha patched IOS
tongue.gif

That guide does have everything you need. Just e-mail the address for the files and follow the steps. No other way to do it...

nintendopower64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seemed really complex reading it.....and i do think i have neogamma on my sd right now....idk how to wrok that. i think it froze cuz i got a black screen.

I've tried installing cIOS...it worked, but then when i tried to load the backup loader or whatever its called i got the black screen there too...as for the trucha patched ios whats that?

Julian Sidewind

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prowler485 said:

Dude just follow this guide. It mods a 4.2u console and its easy if you sit down and follow the instructions step by step. Don't just read it, think its too hard, and throw it away, it works and does what you need. Modding a Wii isn't gonna be as easy as "oh you just do this in one step", you're modifying and working around the code Nintendo wrote. Does that sound easy? Follow the guide and you'll see it's not nearly as hard as you think it seems.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there! Welcome to GBAtemp.net!!
I can't really be much use here so..I'm just gonna do my usual intro thing
smile.gif

The following is a short, and incomplete, list of members whom I like.
This list has since mutated into a kind of guideline for newcomers, and a novelty for members who've been here a while.(i.e. pay it no mind)

ProtoKun7, TrolleyDave, The Pink Cat Boy, Rockstar, DarkWay, Davess, Overlord Nadrian, Dark Blade, shinkukage09, arecus2000, ifish, Demonbart, and KingVamp!!

Prowler485 said:
Welcome to GBAtemp! nintendopower64
Hope you have fun
biggrin.gif

If you need any help on where to get started, be sure to read the GBAtemp Tutorial

Everyone that joins GBAtemp should read the rules before posting; Forum rules
Don't say you didn't know if you post anything that is against the rules
lecture.gif

Be sure you post in the right section
wink.gif
; here are some links to get you on your way!

Enjoy!
happy.gif
^Big thanks to Prowler485 for letting me use this here!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat