Hello All.

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
719
Solutions
1
Reaction score
3,304
Trophies
2
Location
Penguin Village
XP
3,318
Country
United States
Hey community. I've browsed this site for over a decade and thought this would be a great place to start participating in forums. I enjoy modding games and am trying to enter the software engineering work force. Not much luck yet but still trying. How are you all doing?
 
Hello. I am Nivium. :)
How do you do?
Software Engineering work force? Hm... That is interesting. Could you be a bit more specific on what it is you want in this field?

And yeah. I was the same way. Lurking just for answers to things and other nice things this website has to offer..
One day when I couldn't find the answer, made an account and asked it.

Hence the misspelling in my name... It is meant to be Grimmish but I rushed through the sign up process... Didn't expect to keep this account. xD
 
Last edited by Grmmish,
Nice you meet you Nivium. I'm fine, thanks!
I'm just looking for a programming job, really. I don't have much professional experience so it's pretty hard getting interviews.
Ha well the misspelling makes your name unique!
 
What is it you hope to program? Anything?
Video games?
Websites?
Applications?

And you say you don't have much Professional experience, I guess you just mean you never got a job in this field. But I am sure you are very experienced, right?

And yeah I guess.. My username is now just like "Girmish." XD Very... Different than the intended pronunciation. XD
 
@IncredulousP welcome to the temp I'm Amanda Jane but most people call me AJ or Mandy (some others here call me other not so nice names but let's just not go there lol.

As I say to every new member you don't have to be crazy to use the site but it sure does help.
 
@Grmmish I'm still exploring what I want to program. I prefer back-end implementation, website or otherwise, as I'm a weaker GUI developer (very little experience there). I would enjoy pursuing videogame development, but it's not a very lucrative field atm so I put studying it on the backburner. I've written a lot of programs but they are largely from college or solutions to Project Euler problems. I was very close to landing my first software engineering job, but ended up being the 2nd candidate preferred by the company. It's a bit disillusioning as I've graduated almost 2 years ago now.
Anyways, what kind of stuff are you into?

@AmandaRose Hey Aj! Nice to meet you, sorry to hear about the disrespect. How are you?
 
@IncredulousP I'm still recovering from nearly dying last year but apart from that I'm really good. Basically my lung packed in and I ended up with acute type 2 respiratory failure and acidosis and the doctors have no idea what caused it and they didn't think I would survive but I did lol and am much better now. Anyway how are you?
 
@AmandaRose Oof, that sounds tough. I'm glad you made it, you're a strong survivor!
I'm fine, thanks. What kinda tempy stuff are you into? I haven't really dug into the site for many years, it's a bit overwhelming seeing all the new content.
 
You will pretty much find me in most forums on the temp so yep I'm into most things the temp covers. Any 3ds or WiiU issues you may have in the future then I probably know the answer or know someone else who will have the answer.
 
If you feel brave stick a picture of yourself up in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/temper-pics-post-them-shits-up-son.47664/ I have about 5 or 6 pics somewhere round about page 420 to 430.

For some bizarre reason I always find it easier to help people if I actually know what they look like.

You will also see pics of most of the other regular temp members.
 

I just checked out that post and saw a few pictures of you. You really look nice! ^.^ Also saw you mention doing gymnastics most of your life and, honestly, it really shows. :D
And ehh... I don't know... I don't know about posting myself. I don't even have any good pictures of me. DX Bleh!

But anyways, back to the point:
Nice, nice. High engineer. :D
For video game development, I specifically meant PROGRAMMING them. LOL
When it comes to programming, WHAT you're programming matters none at all. It's the language you are programming that matters...
So unless you don't know the preferred language, there's nothing to study, really, that you don't already know. :)
If I had to give an sort of advice, which I'm sure wouldn't be very helpful, I'd say try to find out which field exactly you want to program (Which you know.) and find a company that specializes in that production. For example: If you want to program websites and PhP work, then instead of trying to find any business that is looking for a programmer, why not seek specifically website programming spaces?
I'm sure, after 2 years of searching, this isn't new to you.
And very unfortunate about your second place endeavor! D: You'd probably be all set up by now~ In which you also wouldn't be making this thread, which would be indeed unfortunate. D:

And you ask what kinds of things I am interested? Blagh! List is long... LOL. Just... Art. Many kinds but let's keep it simple. For a quick list I like making music (Albeit not very good at it) and I even like singing. I once upon a time was apart of a music group as the singer. I love video game development: Basically all forms of it. Programming, texturing, modeling, I could make a nice good looking game and working even if I was taking all of the positions alone including the writer! But what I love most about it is programming. XD I like games such as Castlevania, Resident Evil and The Legend of Zelda. I especially like game similar to Resident Evil and The Legend of Zelda because of puzzles. I love them in games! I love when puzzles are unique and not just "Get Key. Open door."
Which causes me to ABSOLUTELY love Silent Hill! (Specifically speaking 1-4 + P.T. ... >_> Anything other than those are.. Something else...)

Which games do you two like? :D
 
Last edited by Grmmish,
I just checked out that post and saw a few pictures of you. You really look nice! ^.^ Also saw you mention doing gymnastics most of your life and, honestly, it really shows. :D
And ehh... I don't know... I don't know about posting myself. I don't even have any good pictures of me. DX Bleh!

But anyways, back to the point:
Nice, nice. High engineer. :D
For video game development, I specifically meant PROGRAMMING them. LOL
When it comes to programming, WHAT you're programming matters none at all. It's the language you are programming that matters...
So unless you don't know the preferred language, there's nothing to study, really, that you don't already know. :)
If I had to give an sort of advice, which I'm sure wouldn't be very helpful, I'd say try to find out which field exactly you want to program (Which you know.) and find a company that specializes in that production. For example: If you want to program websites and PhP work, then instead of trying to find any business that is looking for a programmer, why not seek specifically website programming spaces?
I'm sure, after 2 years of searching, this isn't new to you.
And very unfortunate about your second place endeavor! D: You'd probably be all set up by now~ In which you also wouldn't be making this thread, which would be indeed unfortunate. D:

And you ask what kinds of things I am interested? Blagh! List is long... LOL. Just... Art. Many kinds but let's keep it simple. For a quick list I like making music (Albeit not very good at it) and I even like singing. I once upon a time was apart of a music group as the singer. I love video game development: Basically all forms of it. Programming, texturing, modeling, I could make a nice good looking game and working even if I was taking all of the positions alone including the writer! But what I love most about it is programming. XD I like games such as Castlevania, Resident Evil and The Legend of Zelda. I especially like game similar to Resident Evil and The Legend of Zelda because of puzzles. I love them in games! I love when puzzles are unique and not just "Get Key. Open door."
Which causes me to ABSOLUTELY love Silent Hill! (Specifically speaking 1-4 + P.T. ... >_> Anything other than those are.. Something else...)

Which games do you two like? :D
Well first of all thank you for the kind words.

I like pretty much all resident evil games apart from 6 which was more call of duty than resident evil. My favourite game series is Dragon Quest but I also love most jrpgs.

I have also over the last 6 and a half years probably played gta v more than anyone else in the world lol. Click my profile to find out why.
 

Before I go on, what exactly is Team MCD?

Dragon Quest... I never played one before. :S I did play the Minecraft "Dragon Quest Builders" .... >_> Which I hate Minecraft but... I was just getting all of these Switch Demos.. XD( ( Ihate demos but I just one time decided to binge download all demos...)
Very disappointing, I know!
No. Resident Evil 6 yeah it sucks... But there are worse Resident Evil games. XD
Resident Evil 6 may have sucked for a Resident Evil game and went in a badly decided direction... But at least the game isn't glitchy or broken, and if they just changed it from "Resident Evil" to "Some other monster shooting surviving whatever" game, it would have certainly gotten better response, especially for the multiplayer feature.

... Games like Umbrella Corps. and Resident Evil Survivor, on the other hand.... XD
Well, Resident Evil Survivor would have been SLIGHTLY more liked by me if it didn't S U C K *Compared* to Resident Evil 1. The voice acting is so bad in 1 and it even is in Survivor... But that game is bad even IF they just put a different name on it....
Either way... Bad game or not, I still have fun with things. LOL Similarly, have you even played Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross?
 
Basically if you have ever found any bug or glitch in GTA V online then that is the fault of Team MCD for not finding them lol.

Yep finished Chrono Trigger/Cross countless times and also Radical Dreamers a few times.
 
Attention.

What does MCD stand for?
So you are a bunch GTA online testers?
Do you FIX the bugs or just report them? Or both?
I can see that being such a fun job. XD How exactly did that happen?

I looked up Radical Dreamers... I see it is made by Square/SqaureSoft/Soft/SoftSquare/RoundEdges/BIGENIX but other than that, what exactly does this game have to do with the Chrono series? Is it apart of the same universe or was just popular around the same time, etc.?
Also very nice on beating them/just even playing them. You had them on PS1 or used emulators? (Knowing this forum, the emulator thing isn't too much of a stretch to think. LOL.)
I mainly ask because I am wondering when you had the game. Around the time it came out? Sadly I never had Chrono Trigger, just Cross. So I used R4i to play it. XD
 
What does MCD stand for?
So you are a bunch GTA online testers?
Do you FIX the bugs or just report them? Or both?
I can see that being such a fun job. XD How exactly did that happen?

I looked up Radical Dreamers... I see it is made by Square/SqaureSoft/Soft/SoftSquare/RoundEdges/BIGENIX but other than that, what exactly does this game have to do with the Chrono series? Is it apart of the same universe or was just popular around the same time, etc.?
Also very nice on beating them/just even playing them. You had them on PS1 or used emulators? (Knowing this forum, the emulator thing isn't too much of a stretch to think. LOL.)
I mainly ask because I am wondering when you had the game. Around the time it came out? Sadly I never had Chrono Trigger, just Cross. So I used R4i to play it. XD
Yes so first of all my team find the bugs and glitches then it's down to me and another team to fix them.As for the team name we'll my team are all rather crazy people myself included and one day someone from a Scottish newspaper came to write a story about Rockstar North. So they were getting a tour round all the various teams seeing what everyone does ect and everyone was being super nice and professional apart from my team who just acted the way they always do IE like lunatics. So a few days later the newspaper printed the story and they said how professional all the teams were apart from one team who acted like they had Mad Cow Disease thus we became know as Team MCD from then on.

As for Radical Dreamers it is part of the Chrono series and is set after Trigger but before Cross and has Serge and Kid from Cross in it.

Yep I imported both trigger and cross on the Playstation and emulated Radical Dreamers.
 
Mad cow Disease Person blabbing about how she has insane mad cow disease and putting herself in a coma for brain disorder.

My god.. I had to look up what this demented fat horse syndrome is. BRAIN DISEASE. XD Literally demented cows... My god...
How awesome is it to talk to someone apart of such a well-known company for a very successful product. ^.^
But the question is... What exactly could someone do to get that title? XD Where you just busting jokes left and right laughing constantly and etc.? XD I'm sure it was quite a shock seeing the Newspaper... But I probably would have read that 400 times and died of laughter every time.

I saw Serge mentioned, but I just assumed it was a coincidence... XD Serge is indeed a very common name, unlike Marl or Chrono. It even would have been odd to see Lucca's name pop up but Serge? Man, Iwouldn't be surprised if an NPC's name was also Serge in Chrono Trigger. XD
Very good games. I especially liked Chrono Trigger's (DS Enhanced. I played the SNES one but the DS is where the definitive edition lies.) real-time combat. Really caused the game's quick thinking and reflexes to come involved. It's like actually thinking and battling... Exactly in a completely different way but the same strategy is to be put in, unlike turn-based where one has time to think and make the best decision outside of the heat of battle. I thought it was so unique for that game, which honestly geared me away from games like Final Fantasy. Good games, but once I went Chrono Trigger, it was hard to go back. XD I still love those games, even Pokemon but I wish after 600 of the same battle-system has been done, they switched up once in awhile... And I don't mean Pokken Tournament.
I bring this all up because, although I have never played a Dragon Quest game, I HEARD of it of course and indeed you also mention "RPG" which could mean many different things but I assume this primarily means the battle system is turn-based. (Roleplaying... all games are roleplaying so that isn't a valid attribute for "Roleplayign game" neither is "Fantasy setting." so I just assume people mean turn-based combat.) Correct me if I'm wrong, of course...
 
I just checked out that post and saw a few pictures of you. You really look nice! ^.^ Also saw you mention doing gymnastics most of your life and, honestly, it really shows. :D
And ehh... I don't know... I don't know about posting myself. I don't even have any good pictures of me. DX Bleh!

But anyways, back to the point:
Nice, nice. High engineer. :D
For video game development, I specifically meant PROGRAMMING them. LOL
When it comes to programming, WHAT you're programming matters none at all. It's the language you are programming that matters...
So unless you don't know the preferred language, there's nothing to study, really, that you don't already know. :)
If I had to give an sort of advice, which I'm sure wouldn't be very helpful, I'd say try to find out which field exactly you want to program (Which you know.) and find a company that specializes in that production. For example: If you want to program websites and PhP work, then instead of trying to find any business that is looking for a programmer, why not seek specifically website programming spaces?
I'm sure, after 2 years of searching, this isn't new to you.
And very unfortunate about your second place endeavor! D: You'd probably be all set up by now~ In which you also wouldn't be making this thread, which would be indeed unfortunate. D:

And you ask what kinds of things I am interested? Blagh! List is long... LOL. Just... Art. Many kinds but let's keep it simple. For a quick list I like making music (Albeit not very good at it) and I even like singing. I once upon a time was apart of a music group as the singer. I love video game development: Basically all forms of it. Programming, texturing, modeling, I could make a nice good looking game and working even if I was taking all of the positions alone including the writer! But what I love most about it is programming. XD I like games such as Castlevania, Resident Evil and The Legend of Zelda. I especially like game similar to Resident Evil and The Legend of Zelda because of puzzles. I love them in games! I love when puzzles are unique and not just "Get Key. Open door."
Which causes me to ABSOLUTELY love Silent Hill! (Specifically speaking 1-4 + P.T. ... >_> Anything other than those are.. Something else...)

Which games do you two like? :D
Hey thanks for the advice and the kind words!
I too like Legend of Zelda games, though I prefer the 2D ones over the 3D ones (with exception of WW, that one is amazing). Btw sorry for the late reply, haha. hope this doesn't count as necroing a thread. I haven't tried Silent Hill but I heard it's really good, I plan to try it eventually. I really like RE4, and RE5 to a lesser extent. Didn't enjoy RE6 at all, aside from watching a friend of mine play it. I played through Revelations not too long ago with low expectations and surprisingly enjoyed it very much. I used to go for RPG (especially turn-based) when I was younger, but being an adult strains the amount of time I can sink into games now, so I'm more of an action-adventure enthusiast now. I still like RPG's, but I'm not finishing them like I used to, let alone 100% them. I agree that puzzle games are great, I don't play them much but typically enjoy them when I do.
@AmandaRose I'm not big on posting my pic online, sorry. Who knows though, maybe years from now my stance will change. Oh, Chrono Trigger is excellent! One of my favorite RPG's. I love all the optional quests, the character development, the multiple possible ways of "beating" the game. Wow, that's cool that you take part in making GTA V better. I enjoyed the campaign, didn't really get into the online mode much. Anyways, thanks for joining this thread and welcoming me, guys!
 

Site & Scene News