Hellcat's Recovery Flasher

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Skyline969, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

Hellcat's Recovery Flasher by Skyline969 at 4:41 AM (1,184 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I downloaded Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, and it came with several folders - RECOVERY (the folder for the program itself), FW1.50, and Pandora. It also came with a Readme that really explained nothing, and a CHANGELOG_160 text file. However, I intend on flashing my friend's PSP to 5.00 M33-4 with this program, and nothing else with it. What files do I need to do this, and where do they go?

I have a hunch that I only need the RECOVERY folder (and its contents, duh) to go into the GAME folder and I'm good to go, yeah?

And from there, do I have the general idea right?:
    1. Update to 5.03 firmware
    2. Add all files (ChickHEN, PSPIdent, and HCRF) in their proper locations on the memstick.
    3. Boot to ChickHEN
    4. Use PSPIdent and verify that the motherboard will accept flashing.
    5. Boot HCRF and select Install M33 Firmware, telling it to discard your settings you had before.
    6. Let it install and press a button when it tell you to in order to reboot.
    7. Fill out your information and delete HCRF, PSPIdent, and ChickHEN as they are no longer needed.
    8. Load up the memory stick with ISOs and homebrew!

2. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    Yeah you just need to the RECOVERY folder and its contents... as you said just make sure it isn't a TA-088v3 or a 3000 before you flash otherwise your friend won't be very happy also make sure you download 500.PBP and put it in the root of the Memory Stick.

3. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Well, it's a red God of War PSP 2000, therefore I'm sure that it's going to work fine. And as for 500.PBP, where can I get that? Or do I just take the OFW 5.00 EBOOT.PBP and rename it to 500.PBP, placing it at the root of my memstick?

4. raing3

Australia
    Yep just download the official 5.00 update eboot and rename it to 500.PBP

5. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Use the ofw eboot.pbp and rename to 500.pbp. Are you sure its a hackable? (meh not sure but I remember some where said you have a chance or was that the madden psps) You might as well as check with chickhen and pspident.

Meh didn't see step 4 in there. [​IMG]

6. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Without a doubt I'll be checking if it's hackable with PSPIdent. I'm not confident enough to just go with a gut feeling - I need cold, hard proof that the PSP's motherboard is hackable. I don't wanna lose my PSP to my friend, which is exactly what would happen if I bricked his. But even then, making/buying a Pandora battery and using it on the bricked PSP would result in me back to square one, yeah? Then if I just made a mistake somewhere and the motherboard really DOES accept the firmware, I have a flashed M33-4 firmware PSP and he has a PSP3000 with 5.03 GEN-A. [​IMG]

I'm thinking if this does work, I'm gonna trade PSPs with him. The only thing that I like about the 3000 is the microphone, but I can live without Skype. Keeping my PSP in standby mode is more and more of an annoyance though, and having M33 on all the time would be a godsend for me.

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Hellcat's Recovery Flasher 1.6 won't flash an unhackable. He added that in this release. It detects the motherboard version and locks down flashing features if it detects a ta88v3 or 3K

8. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Ah, good to know that the only way I can screw up is if I'm genuinely retarded. [​IMG]
    Well, I read somewhere about 500.PBP having to be in the RECOVERY folder, not the root. Which is right?

9. raing3

Australia
    The 500.PBP can be placed in either the root of the MS or the RECOVERY folder.

10. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Tell you what, I'll put it at both for good measure. [​IMG]
    Wish me luck, tomorrow I flash his PSP!

11. raing3

Australia
    Good luck! and tomorrow you both have to come back and submit/request cheat codes for the link in my signature [​IMG]

12. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Do you also do cheats for converted PSX games? [​IMG]

13. taken

Member taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Do the chickHEN R2 thing in the PHOTO folder then use the 3.30 Custom firmware enabler.

That what i did with my psp 3000 my motherboard is TA-090v2.

14. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    But taken, his PSP can be flashed. His motherboard supports it, or so my research tells me. Why would I put on a temporary fix when he can have the full package? [​IMG]

And I know all about CFE... or in my case GEN-A, as it's what's on my own PSP3000.

15. raing3

Australia
    At the moment all there is are CWCheat PSP cheats although any cheats may be submitted and they will be added to the database.