Hekate on Reinx Switch?

AshenWolf May 25, 2019.

1. AshenWolf
    OP

AshenWolf GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2019
    Philippines
    So, I have a Switch Reinx on firmware 6.1. I tried to backup my NAND using the Reinx toolkit but it fails/ suddenly stops when joining the components to a single file. I looked for an alternative and encountered Hekate. However, the tutorials for Hekate always involves Atmosphere/Kosmos. Should I switch to atmosphere first?(Is it simple? Will current installed games be corrupted?) Or I can use Hekate to backup my NAND on Reinx? Not really that familiar in this NAND thing. Thanks in advance

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Did you installed NSP games and played them before you want to backup NAND ? If so, you are already banned as well as running online. It might be too late for you. You should backup NAND through ReiNX before installed any NSP games.

HOWEVER...

You can always restore NAND if you Switch is brick but it wont restore your banned for online since if you installed NSP games and played them before you back it up.

Anybody correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, May 25, 2019
  3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yes. You can use hekate for its backup/restore and other utility functions, without having to use it to boot cfw (atmosphere). Use it to get a nice verified backup then you can go back to booting Reinx your usual way.

ELY_M and AshenWolf like this.
  4. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    You also can backup using ReiNX as well. ReiNX has a guide telling you how to do it. Very easy.

AshenWolf likes this.
  5. AshenWolf
    OP

Feb 10, 2019
    Philippines
    Thanks. Do you know a tutorial that involves Reinx? Been searching for hours and all involves Atmosphere/Kosmos...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yep. Ive tried the Reinx Toolkit but it fails when the files are being combined to a single file. The command prompt just suddenly closes.

Yep,I just want to backup my Switch if it somehow bricks.

6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Taking a nand backup doesn't matter what cfw you use. Push the hekate payload, go to tools, verification options, select "Full", go back, go to backup, do "Backup EMMC BOOT0/1" and then do "Backup EMMC RAW GPP".

AshenWolf likes this.
  7. AshenWolf
    OP

Feb 10, 2019
    Philippines
    I see. Thanks again.
    Sorry for my continuous questions but I decided to use this chance to switch to Atmosphere since I've read in forums that its better than Reinx. Will my games still work after changing CFW? Do I just need to copy my Nintendo folder from Reinx and overwrite the nintendo folder in atmosphere?

ELY_M likes this.
  8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yes your games will still work, make sure you use the sweet patches and boot using fusee-primary rather than hekate. Yes the Nintendo folder contains your games (the ones that were installed to SD) so copying it over to a new SD installation will keep them.

AshenWolf likes this.
  9. AshenWolf
    OP

Feb 10, 2019
    Philippines
    Wow. You just cleared up my confusion from hours of reading so many tutorials. Really appreciate it :D

I injected the Hekate ctcaer.bin and the Kosmos image showed up. I'm in atmosphere now. Where can I see Hekate?

hippy dave likes this.
  10. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    No, you need to combined to a single file called Joiner Scripts for windows. Here:
    joiner_scripts_for_windows_linux_macos.zip

AshenWolf likes this.
  11. AshenWolf
    OP

Feb 10, 2019
    Philippines
    I've done creating backups in Hekate and Im now in atmosphere. Thank goodness all of my games are alright. Does joining the parts save me storage space? or is it better to leave them separated and join them when I need them?

12. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    If you want to save storage space then it is better to leave them separated and join them when you need them. For me, I have two: Separated filed and join them. They are storage safely in my external hard drive for future. :)

AshenWolf likes this.
  13. AshenWolf
    OP

Feb 10, 2019
    Philippines
    I'll keep 2 copies of unjoined ones instead. Thanks for the advice.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  14. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    No problem.

AshenWolf likes this.
  15. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    I am glad you made switch to atmosphere. it is really lovely cfw I have on my switches :)

AshenWolf likes this.
  16. AshenWolf
    OP

Feb 10, 2019
    Philippines
    Its only been a day and I've yet to see the difference between Reinx and Atmosphere. Both are great in my opinion. Its just that Atmosphere updates come the earliest.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted