Hacking Healthii Released

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
You MUST turn your wii off and back on for new healthscreens to show up!

I've made sure to power it off and have even unplugged the cord but still the same H&S screen...

QUOTE(buby78 @ Feb 3 2009, 03:47 AM) did you name the file whatever.health? if so try just name it whatever no .health at the end of it. thats how i got it to work!!!

Is this directed at me? I will try but I doubt it will work since it acts as if it is processing the health file I don't see what difference it should make.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
did you run healtii creator again...??

Yes and I used a binary comparison program to make sure that the health files created from the same picture were identical and also that other health files were different.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
You MUST turn your wii off and back on for new healthscreens to show up!

Im not that stupid...

After doing Softmii tweak again, it says installation failed after it says reading xxxxx. I`ll make another health file after school.

cold4ire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know its a tad late, but figured it out.

heres one im using

softmiicopy.jpg

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, 2 quick questions...

How do I get the standard H&S screen back? I tried to rewrite the 00000042.app file back, and semi-bricked my Wii... got it back though...

Is there a way to get widescreen support? all my images some out with black bars on either side... would really like to see some widescreen support!!!!

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Ok, 2 quick questions...

How do I get the standard H&S screen back? I tried to rewrite the 00000042.app file back, and semi-bricked my Wii... got it back though...

Thats the way you do it, yours must have been corrupted

Is there a way to get widescreen support? all my images some out with black bars on either side... would really like to see some widescreen support!!!!

None, I suggest you use screens which fade to black at the sides

dodol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also experience the same problem like cracker and FireFreek. I wonder if modchip or preloader has something to do with it ?

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm supposed to use SystemMenu-v289.wad, right? Again, I have NTSC 3.2U. Also, it's 00000045.app for NTSC in SoftMii Tweak Tool right?

Lol i am as stupid as they thought I was. I put 45.app instead of 42.app. Once I tried that in SoftMii Tweak tool, it worked. Didn't work with HEalthii Installer, which I tried first.

bhavinjpatel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can some one help me...i still get an error while i try to run healthii....i get a run time error and yes i did try it in safemode while holding F8 while booting....i have a usa wii and a i have been trying for every to get this working...please help...

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bhavinjpatel said:
can some one help me...i still get an error while i try to run healthii....i get a run time error and yes i did try it in safemode while holding F8 while booting....i have a usa wii and a i have been trying for every to get this working...please help...
If you are using Windows XP, make sure you have Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package & Microsoft Forms 2.01 installed. If they are, check your Microsoft (Windows) Update page to make sure there are no service packs or security updates for any of those above components. After you have updated and installed everything, make sure to reboot your computer and check to see if you have the proper system menu wad.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah just place it in your SD:/healtii folder and then run the healtii_installer.dol in HBC, and that will install it, or you can use the tweak tool from SoftMii package and rename it as 00000045.app and place it in the root of the SD, and again run the aplication thru HBC to install...!!!
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Yeah just place it in your SD:/healtii folder and then run the healtii_installer.dol in HBC, and that will install it, or you can use the tweak tool from SoftMii package and rename it as 00000045.app and place it in the root of the SD, and again run the aplication thru HBC to install...!!!
smile.gif

so you don't need to install any softmii aps or anything like that if you already have a .health file? i don't want to wii to brick :S

edit: booted the healthii program and selected the picture i wanted to use and pres A, it shows reading for a few seconds and nothing happens, my health screen is the same too after i reboot the wii.

Obliterated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

so you don't need to install any softmii aps or anything like that if you already have a .health file? i don't want to wii to brick :S

edit: booted the healthii program and selected the picture i wanted to use and pres A, it shows reading for a few seconds and nothing happens, my health screen is the same too after i reboot the wii.

having the same problem as you :\

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same issues as above posts, any help would be appreciated.

I've installed heathii 1.1 on win XP. Ran the program. Used orig sys.wad and .jpg from wadder forums. Ran the app and a file was produced. I renamed the file to *.health and placed into \heathii on SD. Then ran the installer from HBC on the Wii and per the healthii.dol app the new screen was installed. I then have done a full reboot with no new health screen.

I am currently using preloader v.28 with cIOS CORP and no softmii.

I've read the file created with healthii can be renamed to .app file and installed with softmii app. I have also read this has a higher risk. I just want to crawl before I walk and improving the ugly health screen is all I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
getrehl said:
Same issues as above posts, any help would be appreciated.

I've installed heathii 1.1 on win XP. Ran the program. Used orig sys.wad and .jpg from wadder forums. Ran the app and a file was produced. I renamed the file to *.health and placed into \heathii on SD. Then ran the installer from HBC on the Wii and per the healthii.dol app the new screen was installed. I then have done a full reboot with no new health screen.

I am currently using preloader v.28 with cIOS CORP and no softmii.

I've read the file created with healthii can be renamed to .app file and installed with softmii app. I have also read this has a higher risk. I just want to crawl before I walk and improving the ugly health screen is all I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I heard from fireandice on wadder.net and to fix this issue just rename the file to 000000*.app and install with softmii toy .dol. I can also confirm after this everything now work as it should.

A couple of posts above this seem to be the same issue and I thought I would share the info.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Same issue. I'll see if i can trace that down and try that method.

EDIT: It works great!
you need to get the softmii tweaks .dol from the softmii package, and rename your file to 00000045.app for pal or 00000042.app for ntsc system menu.

The program code dumped me until i removed all usb devices and gc memory cards
smile.gif

I was also pleasantly surprised to be in the shouts list, thanks
smile.gif
(even though i don't use softmii)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1