Health and Safety app help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jb0y117, Jun 18, 2017.

1. jb0y117
    OP

jb0y117 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    So when I went to put Alh9 to my 3ds I turned my h&s app to FBI to install FBI cia like the instructions said but I forgot to put it back to normal. Then I went and upgraded to boot9strap. I want to know if I can restore h&s (if possible?).

2. Dabu47

Dabu47 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2016
    France
    Hi it is possible of course, but my advice would be to install Boot9Strap instead of Alh9 since Alh9 is now unsupported by Luma8.0 and further..
    Other people here will certainly help you more than I could. Good luck

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Did you even bother to read the post? They already did that.
    If you have your original h&s .app backup, you can easily restore it the same way you injected the other .app. If not, you can download the latest H&S .cia with 3DNUS, or alternatively you could uninstall the H&S app using FBI's "Titles" menu, and perform a system update, which should reinstall the missing title.

4. Dabu47

Dabu47 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2016
    France
    My bad, I misread the post. Don't need to be agressive or anything else.. Damn.
    Also, you could check the 3DSGuide / section "GodMode9 Usage" for restoring the H&S app if the previous injection was performed with GodMode9 ( which is likely the case I suppose.. )

5. jb0y117
    OP

jb0y117 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    So I deleted then did a system update, I got the app back but for some reason the icon is still the FBI.

Thanks for the help :)

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That has something to do with the home menu icon cache, you'll have to force refresh it somehow.