Gaming Headache? Eye problems? NO WAY!!!

pilotpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Bought my 3DS at 3 pm CET. Without any game sadly, still waiting for my street fighter pre-order.

But lets get to the point. Of course first thing i did was moving my 3d level switcher to the highest. And i was really scared, cause ive noticed some problems with my eyes. It was little weird. Like i was loosing my eye sight. So i took some break.

Tried it again after like half hour and it was definetly better. Switched for half 3d level tho. Now im again at maxed 3d level, after like 6-7 hours of testing my 3ds. And i can honestly say - those who complain about eye problems, headaches etc. are just pussies, you need to let your body get used to that kind of 3D. It is just something new. But now, every single try seems to be easier for my eyes, and what is the best part - 3d keeps looking better every single time!!!

I hardly recommend to put your 3d on halfway for the begining. Or even less. And dont worry when you will get some problems at the begining. Its was just normal for me. It wasnt anything big tbh, but anyway now it is just perfectly fine.

Cheers!!!

Edit: Just noticed mistake in title and dont really know, how to fix it :-)

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well most people who tried it only did it for like less than an hour

i would suggest going half on the 3d slider tho, then slowly going up until you like it

its preference, really, full 3d seems unnatural for me( and no i didnt have headaches )

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people honestly can't handle the 3D though. I haven't met any yet, since only my dad and I have tried it, but I'm gonna be showing it to all of my friends before and after church on Sunday. (Hooray for GameStop 9am openings!
yaynds.gif
) I'm sure one of them will be unable to handle the 3D effect.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot do the 3D on max, it hurts my eyes even after about 5 minutes. 1/8th an inch below max though, I can play for hours.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yesterday looking on the 3D screen really made me kinda dizzy, but playing Asphalt 3D for more than 2 hrs today was just fine.
smile.gif

It's just about getting used to it, really. Just like every new screen or TV seems to kill my eyes, but after one day everything's fine again.f

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
I can barely play on any 3D without getting dizzy
frown.gif
I get headaches when I go to 3D movies though so its probably just me
tongue.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everybody is different, for a casual gamer and light weight gamer or even a person who doesn't spend hours looking at a computer screen, things like headaches will be common.
Those with eye sight issues already will probably (note I said probably doesn't mean they will) have some sort of issue with the 3D effect. and those that are plagued by migraines will be prone to headaches.

It just simply depends on you, calling someone a pussy just because they have problems viewing the 3D just means you're an ignorant douche.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
So I FINALLY got to try it out. I went ot GameStop just now and gave Street Fighter, AR Games, A normal DS game, Mii Maker, and well... everything a shot lol.

First I have to say, the 3D really adds depth to the screen. I feel like I can reach inside lol. 3D pictures look great, and it allows for worse lighting to take decent pictures (in comparison to the DSi).

Street Fighter ran smooth, even in 3D. AR Games was cool but I am kinda disappointed because I noticed "lag" while playing it. The framerate seemed to suffer whilst fighting the Dragon... I still enjoyed it though.

The DS game I tried was FINE. The image quality was NOT that far from my XL (well, besides screen size of course) and I will not have any issues playing on my 3DS in DS games.

All in all I have to say I was impressed. I won't lie though, I DID feel a little dizzy after playing Street Fighter at the highest 3D setting for a half an hour (Dan never looked so glorious) but not enough to bother me. I have ALWAYS had issues watching 3D movies (Spy Kids 3D made me vomit when I was a kid) but the 3DS had minimal effects on me. When I turned down the 3D slider halfway, my dizziness subsided.

I am SUPER excited to get my 3DS at launch tomorrow.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so i am assuming th great tip for everyone is not to use the 3d on full unless you want to risk feeling sick. full 3d is not for everyone.

a question i have though, is how does the slider affect the 3ds visually. does it look the same on 50% as full or is depth changed?

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I've found a sweet spot in the lowest possible setting (without it being off), I only use it when I can be bothered.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
ok so i am assuming th great tip for everyone is not to use the 3d on full unless you want to risk feeling sick. full 3d is not for everyone.

a question i have though, is how does the slider affect the 3ds visually. does it look the same on 50% as full or is depth changed?
I do not think it does, just help people see 3d. Although I went straight to max to see if it bother me, but it didn't so... I didn't adjust it down.

laugh.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The brief description sounds like what I used to get.
It first happened when I was playing on my GBA, my right eye lost all sight for about 3 minutes as it slowly faded away and then phased back in.
It hasn't happened to me now for about a year though, I think It was some sort of deficiency in diet as I was very underweight.

Point being, your diet might be lacking, you might be dehydrated or malnourished and so might be the other complainers. After all there is over 2 million sold and certainly a low minority of those complained.
I'm not saying this IS the cause or that I know shit about this stuff but it certainly was for me and now It's not happening anymore.

Does anyone else find it hard seeing the 3D-ness of face-raiders? I tried it out in the store and it looked almost the same without 3D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s