HDMI switch for Wii U

  • Thread starter Thread starter loook
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 96
  • Replies Replies 2

loook

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
Age
33
XP
134
Country
I have the following setup: wide monitor + linux machine for multimedia purposes and a Wii U.
Sadly the monitor has only 1 HDMI input and the machines has no DisplayPort connector so the port needs to be shared between the Wii U and the PC.
I have tried 2 HDMI switches, something like this:
17412085_800.jpg

But none of them worked with the Wii U, it just does not transmit the signal, while the PC works - also tried swapping the ports and other machines, all seem to work.
NOTE: the Wii U works perfectly, when plugged in directly.

Does the Wii U use some special HDMI protocol, that is not aware of some electronics quirks of these switches?
 
I'd guess an error with the Switcher. Try a different switch of some sort. I use one on my smart TV and it works without issue; though it looks a little more intricate than yours, especially since it's a 3-way switcher and not just 2. Though you'd think that could be more problematic if anything.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted