FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just got a new HD TV and seen a massive boost in quality and I want to make it even better by using a HDMI cable.
I've seen a lot that are ridiculously expensive and I found this one which is cheaper: https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-143193-HDMI-16M-Cable-PlayStation-3
I've heard some people saying that the expensive HDMI cables are just a scam and others saying that cheap ones have a lot of problems, others say they only have problems with over 5m.
But the thing that i want to know is, will this cable be able to handle running on a 720p TV from my PS3?
I feel that any more than $10 is stupid for a cable.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Digital signals don't degrade in the same way as analogue - they're essentially all or nothing. Just go cheap.

For further reading - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-hdmi

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
your problem is that you was looking at ebgames and probably nowhere else

if you pay more than $5/£5 for a HDMI cable, you've just been robbed.

xephos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am studying to be a broadcast engineer, and trust me they make no difference, I have even asked my mentor who is the head of engineeering over at turner broadcasting, and he even said they make no difference same with ethernet, and power cables they're all made the same way

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
your problem is that you was looking at ebgames and probably nowhere else

if you pay more than $5/£5 for a HDMI cable, you've just been robbed.
You know whats funny I remember paying atleast $50 us dollars for a hdmi gold plated cable back when the ps3 first launched.

edit: actually i purchased it before the ps3 came out if i remember correctly, Its still working good atleast.lol

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All HDMI cables are exactly the same, regardless of whatever the box/description/info/advertisement says. These are digital cables, and thus the data being transferred will be exactly the same no matter what cable you use, and they'll all look the same on your TV.

So in other words, get the cheapest ones you can find. You can get them from amazon for around $2. I got a really cheap one from there, and it works perfectly on my 720p HDTV.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, any HDMI cable will work just as good as those stupid companies that sells a gold-plated HDMI cable for $50 but like ZAFDeltaForce said, the average HDMI cable will do just fine...they're typically 2-3m in length. (And just a side note, I like the Metric System better)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1