Hardware HDD Partition

Old-Skool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I currently have a 2tb external hard drive that im using for the wii. I have it formatted to exfat32 so I can also use it to watch movies on my ps4. Im currently trying to put wii games on it but im being told that the max size I can put is 4gb. My question is if I were to partition the hardrive can I have 1 section of the hard drive exfat32 and another section something else so i can put larger files into the HDD?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
If you use a tool like Wii Backup Manager, it should be possible to split games that go over the 4GB filesize limit of FAT32 partitioned space.
Otherwise, it should be possible to make an NTFS partition (but make it the first partition on the drive if possible) and load games from that.

Reactions: Old-Skool

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it exFAT or FAT32? exFAT only works with Nintendont. FAT32 works with all Wii homebrew.

I assumed FAT32 because exFAT has a file size limit of 16 EB (unlike FAT32's 4 GB limitation), so this problem shouldn't apply in that case. Assuming OP is using an exFAT formatted drive, though, I agree that it should be formatted to FAT32 for compatibility.

Old-Skool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Wii backup manager, I'm just trying to figure it out
If you use a tool like Wii Backup Manager, it should be possible to split games that go over the 4GB filesize limit of FAT32 partitioned space.
Otherwise, it should be possible to make an NTFS partition (but make it the first partition on the drive if possible) and load games from that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu